Affordable Housing: Sm Room, Safe,
PRIVATE, SAFE, FURNISHED ROOM IN SHARED HOME
(WALK TO PCC SYLVANIA CAMPUS, bus to OHSU)Available Aug. 1st!
******** The Victorian Room ....................Prorated Rent for Move in Month...**********
We call this room the The Victorian, because of the look and feel of it's furniture. The house backs to woods. If you are looking for a respectful, small, supportive, female, and caring community... come be a part of ours.
Web address with pictures: www.PortlandOregonRoomForRent.com
- Quick trip to OHSU and west side downtown
- Easy, 2 minute Walk to Sylvania PCC Campus
- On the #78 bus route (Lake Oswego and Washington square transit center), and easy walk to the #12 bus
route to downtown and hwy 99 transit center
- Easy access to I-5, 217, and Capitol Hwy
- Easy walk to Hwy 99 (Pacific Hwy, Barbur Blvd.)
- Easy access to Fred Meyer, Costco, Winco Foods, Walmart, Starbucks, Food: (McDonald's/ Carls Jr./ Mongolian Grill,
Buster's BBQ), Office Max, Tigard Regal Movie Theater
- 10 min. by car to Bridgeport shopping and Washington Square
- 12 min. by car to Downtown Portland (non-rush hour)
Perfect for student attending: OHSU, Lewis & Clark, Marylhurst, PSU, or PCC (walk to Sylvania, bus to other campuses); ---experienced with exchange students.
Available August 1: View-able by appointment with 48 hour notice.... Text Catherine to view 503-544-6423.
Great Location! 5 min. walk to School (PCC Sylvania)! Desk in Room (Office or Study Area, which closes into an armoire cabinet), Alarm, Fire place, Furnished Indoors & outdoors; Outdoor Spaces, Laundry Facilities, small available area in Garage for Storage (after G-Sale), PARKING are included in rent!
The house is on three levels, so stairs are involved; most time is spent on the main level, upper level (bed room), and outside spaces during pleasant weather. Laundry is on the lower floor.
-Security System: Touch screen security system with door/window sensors, glass break sensor, motion detector
-Dog: Akita Dog in residence
-House mates: We live in a community, some one is almost always home
-Locks, and Peek Hole: Bolt locks, and additional locking aids are on selected windows and
doors; we also have a peep hole in the front door
-Room locks are operated with key
-Location: Home is located in a quiet neighborhood, on a dead-end street, next to a college
-Yes, we know our neighbors. They are friends
RENT & UTILITIES:
We are interested in a new housemates, who are stable and want to rent long term, a year or more
Move-in month rent and utilities, prorated by day
$550 (prorated for move in month) + prorated Utilities
$550 Rent includes: Laundry Facility (lg.. capacity washer dryer on pedestals), Parking, Private Balcony, Large Room with wooded view, Large Closet (with Storeables adjustable shelving, long and short hang), Under bed storage bin (3.5' by 3'), Shared Living Spaces indoors and out, Gas Fire-place, a Deck with Grill, Front yard with a bench, and Additional storage outside room and in garage is possible, if necessary (depending on your needs).
Monthly $95 Utility fee includes: Security Alarm (set nightly), Cable TV, Internet, Electricity, Natural Gas (Fireplace & Stove), Water, Garbage, Recycling
* Â½ block walk to bus # 78 stop (Washington Square Mall (Bvt. Transit Center) & Lake Oswego)
* Â¼ mile walk to #12 (Hwy 99 (Barber Blvd.) Transit Center & Downtown Portland (& East side)
* Close to #44, catch at PCC
* Within a mile of Hwy 99 Transit Center
PRIVATE ROOM: 120 square feet room, closet space (adjustable shelving, long and short hang) in 2800 square foot, 4 bathroom home with two decks, patio, front yard. The room is small, but there are common areas available to hang out in.
* Furnished room (Furniture can be augmented and adapted to your needs.)
* Twin bed with pullout trundle twin, stored beneath the bed for female overnight guests
* Armoire with pull out desk for keyboard, papers, books
* File cabinet in your room for extra storage space for paperwork or anything else
* Storable's adjustable shelving and drawers in closet, long hang and short hang
* Possible storage space in the garage after the upcoming garage sale
* Heater for winter and fan for summer in your room
* Window with view of landscaped yard, with seating area
* New 4K Ultra high def TV in living room with Premier channels and On Demand Viewing
* Patio and back deck with seating, table, and grill
* Shared refrigerator with one other resident in kitchen. Also, there is a small shared refrigerator for
cold drinks on main floor
* Shared bathroom with a bath-tub is located on top floor
* 1/2 bath on main floor
* Full bath upstairs
* Equipped kitchen (gas stove/microwave/ dishwasher/ Vita-mix blender, etc.)
* Breakfast nook
* Living room with gas fireplace
* Laundry Facilities (Pick a day; we each take a day of the week)
* Furnished deck with grill & adjacent green space
* Back yard patio
* Front yard with a bench
* Hardwood floors on main
* Off Street Parking
* Lots of walking trails through woods around PCC
* Wooded Conservation Zone with a creek, behind house with birds and squirrels
* 1 Akita dog 60 lb (yes, very small for an Akita), very quiet and well behaved, rescued in Feb. (blows coat only twice a year... and stays on main level and down stairs in my space, comes with me on frequent trips to Seattle area)
**(We are looking to add a well behaved cat; talk to Catherine)**
* Yes, pet owner vacuums often.
ROOM-MATES in this 2800 sq. ft. House:
* 1 Mom (graphic designer/ technical writer)- home owner
* 1, 16 year old daughter (part-time)... 3 weekends a month
* 1 Spiritually minded, health conscious Adult
* 2 Students, working and going to College
* We have one room coming available for rent in our community: the Victorian
We are accepting and caring artists, academic thinkers, nature lovers, music lovers, busy people who study; sometimes keep to themselves, but do interact socially in common areas of the home.
We live legally, quietly, respectfully, and harmoniously, because we follow rules (see below).
The Victorian room is on the main floor. The rooms on the top level are my daughter's (part time), a bathroom, and the master suite with it's own bathroom (Earnest Hemingway room), and the Abe Lincoln room.
A friend of mine lives on the lower floor apartment. She is a kind knitter, grandma type, whom you probably won't see unless you seek her out.
If you are looking for privacy and would like to keep to yourself and your life pursuits, that will work here. If you are looking for some interaction and friendship that is also available here.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
1. A responsible adult, student or professional, who wants a stable living environment (about 1 year or more) in a safe community of supportive women.
2. A person who values cleanliness and is willing to contribute to keeping the place clean
3. A person who can be responsible to pay rent and utilities on time, every month
4. A person who values harmony and will work to that end among house-mates, follow house rules and obeys laws.
5. A person who appreciates beauty of spirit and wants to cultivate that in others.
6. A person who is honest and respects other's possessions, view points, lifestyle choices, religion, etc.
7. No drugs, addictions, illegal activity, overnight male guests, uncivil or unkind behavior is tolerated.
8. The room is small, so we are looking for one who does not need a whole lot of personal space or storage space, but can enjoy the shared areas inside and outside of this artistic and beautiful 2800 square foot home.
* NO DRUGS: including prescribed marijuana, NOT 420 friendly
* NO SMOKING: NO, not even outside
* NO overnight male guests: or . . ."3am booty calls"
* Family and female overnight visitors are welcome
* Alcohol: In moderation, no drunkeness is acceptable, and no alcohol in front of minors
* Guests: One or two friends at a time are welcome
* Quiet Hours: After 10 PM Sun-Th.
* Peace: We live peacefully and respect each other's life style, schedules, & use of our home: No
name calling, put downs, swearing at anyone, loud music, or unsocial behavior is tolerated
* Consultation: agreement among roommates is required on party events and other occasional uses
of the house (agreements on conduct & clean-up are required)
* Common Area: If you mess an area, clean it promptly (dishes don't camp in sink after meal)
* Food: You will have your own shared refrigerator. Food needs to be covered (sealed) food only is allowed in the refrigerator, so. . . no spills or contamination
* Cleaning (disinfecting, vacuuming, empty garbage, empty recycling etc.): You're expected to
participate in team cleaning of common (shared) areas for 1 1/2 hours (any time weekly)
* Trips: If you intend to be away for more than a day, notify us. . . so we don't worry or file a
missing person report; also, clean before you depart for a weekend. . . thank you! .
Who We Are Looking For: Someone who (is). . .
* Law abiding
* We are NOT 420 Friendly.. NO... not even for medical use
* Enjoys a clean environment and keeps spaces neat
* Any ethnicity or alternative lifestyle (accepted enthusiastically)
* Student or
* Student or Professional
* Quiet/ studious/ responsible
* Must have a reasonable sleep schedule; we live in community
* Must be able to pass a background check
If the ad is on Craigslist, the room is still available!
***I am honest and careful person, so I have safeguards that I follow.***
Requirements for your protection and mine:
* I deal only locally, face to face; (we must meet in person to decide if the arrangement will work)
* You must pass criminal & rent history background check
* You must have a viable, ongoing, verifiable income
* Your check must clear the bank before you can move in
* I don't redistribute funds (deposit, then withdraw for any purpose)
* I don't "hold" the room for anyone without payment
* I do call people back on a first come, first serve basis (that's fair)
* The room is available to move in during the month of April
* Background check, paperwork, and payment are required to be completed by move in
* I will be happy to talk with you, and answer any of your questions, show you the whole home etc.
Enjoy living with us in this fabulous location; we are respectful of each other's schedules, lifestyle choices, & needs. We Love Diversity! Be You! We all have personalities!
*Text me-Best Option 503-544-6423
*Call if you don't text, but I can answer texts as soon as I am available. I may not be available to talk right when you call.
Shown by appointment. Text Catherine 503-544-6423.
Posted: Wed, 28 Jun. 2017
Expires: Sat, 12 Aug. 2017
2 rooms available for rent minutes
Two rooms for rent in Homestead Neighborhood of SW Portland. Minutes away from OHSU, Downtown, and the South Waterfront. Amazing view of Willamette River and Sellwood bridge from front deck. Direct access to Terwilliger Blvd and Barbur Blvd transit routes for public transport and biking. Near Marquam Park for quiet nature trails in the West Hills.
Main floor is 2 bedrooms and shared bathroom. Owner lives upstairs. Shared kitchen, dining and living rooms. Onsite laundry in attached mudroom. Nice backyard. Perfect for OHSU students who are looking for a quiet, well-kept house in the heart of Portland. On bus route to PSU and NUNM.
Rent is $900 flat; free utilities, trash, and highspeed wireless internet. House comes furnished in the common areas and kitchen. Owner is looking for clean, well-kept students or young professionals to share house. No couples.
This is an incredible house in a fantastic, rarely rented area of Portland. These rooms will rent fast. If you are interested, send me a message (firstname.lastname@example.org) telling me a little bit about yourself.
Posted: Wed, 28 Jun. 2017
Expires: Sat, 12 Aug. 2017
Nice room for rent
$750 a month/ utilities included. $250 deposit. Unfurnished room in SW Portland. Nice room with semi-private bathroom. Easy driving distance to OHSU, Portland Community College, Lewis and Clark College, Barbur Transit Center, and Multnomah Village. Nice big garden in spring, summer, and fall with apple trees, blueberry and raspberry bushes, grape vines, strawberries, and all kinds of vegetables. Great walking trails close; Woods Park, Gabriel Park, Tryon State Park, Marquam Trail/ Council Crest. Laundry on site. One dog in house. My dog lives in the lower part of the house and is not allowed upstairs. Non-smoker only. You must show proof of employment and provide housing references. Available on July 1, 2017.
Posted: Mon, 26 Jun. 2017
Expires: Thu, 10 Aug. 2017
SE Division Home
I'm renting out the bottom floor of my home in the awesome SE Division Neighborhood. It's a great location really close to bus lines 4, 14 and 66. It takes me 20 minutes to bike to the South Waterfront. It's also within walking distance of great restaurants (Petit Provence, Por Quet Non, Apizza Scholls), Mt. Tabor and a bunch of great studios (Yoga Union, Bleeding Hearts Kettlebell Club, Loprinzki's Gym). That being said it is on a quiet street, so best of both worlds!
I'm a recent family medicine residency graduate and fell in love with Portland so decided to stay and work at OHSU. I love cooking, hiking and travel. I like to keep the home clean and am pretty chill. I'm looking for a friendly and considerate roommate.
The house is a 1200 sq foot 3 level home and you would have your own entrance and the first floor which has a bedroom, full bathroom and office. The kitchen and living room as well as decks are shared on the main floor. There is central heat/AC and washer/dryer. Parking is on street and I've not had any difficulty parking right in front of the house.
Rent is $1000 + $50 (trash, water) +1/3 utilities (electricity, gas, internet).
Let me know if you're interested in seeing the place!
Posted: Tue, 20 Jun. 2017
Expires: Fri, 4 Aug. 2017
JULY SUBLET 4 miles to OHSU on the
Greetings, I have a peaceful retreat, 4 miles and 10 mins. to OHSU. I need to sublet out for July.
IF you are a responsible, considerate, quiet, health-oriented, person (preferably female)... who keeps things neat and tidy. I have a peaceful, light filled, friendly and furnished retreat I would like to rent out for the month of July while I am off traveling, please contact me ASAP!
My new 650 sq ft, walk-out, 1 bedroom apartment was built just last year in a classic 3 story, turreted 1940’s home in the NW Hills. Enjoy lush and colorful gardens, sweeping views of the city below and access to 40 miles of Forest Park trails right from your door.
You’ll have your own separate entrance, a private full bath, living room with fireplace, built in book shelves, and peaceful patio space and garden. Shared kitchen and laundry upstairs. Owner of the house is JIM-63years old and outdoorsy/woodworker, David, 57- Both live upstairs and are kindhearted, easy going hetero guys. We also have one doggie,a sweet, 11 year old, black Lab. (Sorry no more pets).
$1200. to move in. Includes all utilities, monthly rent of $900.00, and a refundable Deposit of $300.00.
PLEASE: No smoking, No pets, No heavy drinking, No couples, This sublet is for ONE person only. Vegetarians welcome but the guys upstairs are Paleo types. Thanks!! Happy to send pics too.
Please contact Annie - email@example.com
Posted: Sun, 18 Jun. 2017
Expires: Wed, 2 Aug. 2017
Med student looking for roommate
The apartment & location:
$925 / 1014 ft2 – Downtown 2 bed / 2 bath at Southpark Square Apartments. The second bedroom & bathroom is available in this great apartment. The location is amazing – right on the PSU campus. There is easy access to public transit – the Portland Streetcar line-stops are right outside the building. Walking distance to Safeway [2min], Target [8min], & Powell's Books [15min] – you can also get to all these places via the streetcar. Streetcar to CLSB is 10-15min; Bus 8 takes you to Marquam Hill. The apartment complex has a nice shared laundry facility, resident lounge, pool, hot tub, & exercise room. The apartment is connected to Park Avenue Cafe [great place for studying] & McMenamins Market Street Pub. The apartment itself has a balcony [view of West Hills & North Portland - gets lots of sunshine], huge window in living room, air conditioner, refrigerator, dishwasher, range, garbage disposal, microwave, & built-in closets.
Visit the website: http://www.southparksquare-living.com/index.aspx
Monthly rent for you will be $925.00 [includes internet]. Utilities [water, electricity, trash, & sewer] ranges from $70-90 per month. Parking garage and/or bike storage is available at additional cost.
Mid-twenties female. Starting first year of medical school this August at OHSU. I value a quiet & clean home as I plan on studying both at school and at home. In my free time I like read, walk downtown [go to Saturday Market, Powell's, free events, Art Museum, etc.], hang with family & friends, swim, etc. I'd love to have people over on occasion for dinners/game nights/etc. on the weekends.
I'm looking for a female roommate, preferably a student, who is respectful and would also like a quiet living environment. Needs to be responsible about paying rent & bills – everything is 50/50.
Apartment will be available July 1st. You’ll need to be screened by the apartment complex prior to being added to the lease. Please email me if interested / want to see pictures.
Posted: Thu, 15 Jun. 2017
Expires: Sun, 30 Jul. 2017
Female roommate wanted for apartmen
I am a 28 year old female pediatrics resident who is looking for a female roommate to share a lovely 2 BR, 1 Bath duplex located in SE Portland’s quiet Brooklyn neighborhood. Commute to OHSU is easy with public trans, bike or car: 5 minute walk from 17th&Rhine Max Station, as well as Bus 17, 19, and 70. Easy 10-15 minute bike ride to the Tram over the Tilikum crossing bridge and 12 minute drive to get to the top of the hill without traffic. The apartment is spacious, with a nice porch, a garage and plentiful street parking. It’s also located a short 10-15 minute bike ride to lots of hip restaurants/bars/cafes on SE Division and SE Hawthorne Streets.
I’d like to live with a graduate student or working professional. Cleanliness and respectfulness are very important to me. I am down-to-earth, easy-going and enjoy spending time with my roommate, but also value having some time to myself. Since moving to Portland last year, I’ve enjoyed discovering many of the amazing hikes in the PNW, running, playing basketball and exploring all of the incredible food and coffee here in PDX.
Lease is August 1, 2017 – May 31, 2018 and rent is $750/month + utilities. Absolutely no smoking or drugs of any kind, and no pets allowed.
Please email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) with some information about yourself and your lifestyle. I am happy to send you pictures of the apartment if interested!
Posted: Wed, 14 Jun. 2017
Expires: Sat, 29 Jul. 2017
Furnished Room with Pvt Bath
Furnished bedroom with private bath. $700 per month including utilities, Wi-Fi, cable TV, laundry and dedicated off street parking.
Convenient to OHSU. 5 minutes to downtown. Walking distance to bus lines and 1.5 miles to park/ride.
Large 3 story house located on two acres adjacent to ten acre wildlife open space reserve. House is private, quiet, convenient to downtown. Large garden, fruit trees, grapes, raspberries, blueberries. Occasional deer etc. Great environment to study/relax.
Furnished room is located on the bottom floor of 3 story house – along with private bathroom, family room, wood stove, and mudroom. Direct access to backyard and parking. Bedroom is 14x11 and includes bed, bookcase, dresser, closet and build in desk. If tenant wants to watch TV in his/her room they need to supply their own TV.
The top floor of the house is reserved for the landlord (retired couple) -- middle floor contains kitchen, dining room, living room, laundry and sunroom . . . common ground for tenant and landlord. The lower level is used occasionally by landlord but for the most part they stick to upper floors.
Prospective tenants should be comfortable with dogs. We have a golden retriever mix and young black lab -- both very friendly.
One person, no smoking, no drugs, no overnight guest. Background/security review required ($39 paid directly to vendor by tenant). First/Last month rent - $500 refundable security deposit.
Interested tenants should provide some basic/relevant info - which includes your age, school/profession, gender, and other info which you think would be relevant to someone who wanted to consider you as tenant/guest in their home.
Landlords won't accept people without a face/face meeting as well as complete background check. Pictures available at https://kevin-g.smugmug.com/My-First-Gallery/
Available June 15, 2017
Posted: Tue, 13 Jun. 2017
Expires: Fri, 28 Jul. 2017
\$700 Room for rent in modern SE ho
A little about myself: My name is Kelsey. I'm a 29 year-old administrative professional who works a standard 8 to 5 pm. I'm laid back and easy to get along with. I'm a big fan of seeing live music and stand up comedy, dinning out, running, yoga, and anything else active! I'm a friendly, social person who also appreciates alone time. The dynamic of the home is fun, comfortable, with good communication, honesty, respect, and general friendliness. Of course, standard roommate considerations apply, cleaning up after yourself, respecting each other's space, etc.
The home will have a total of 3 people living in it - myself, my current roommate Annachiara, and the new roommate that I am currently seeking. Annachiara is super fun and friendly. She's a 30 year old medical scientist at OHSU. She makes amazing Italian food and is a really active person.
Location: South East Portland (Foster-Powell neighborhood) Fun area, lots of bars, restaurants, and food carts nearby. Bus #17 1 block away and a straight shot to OHSU.
About: Unfurnished or furnished bedroom available. Located in a beautiful and modern, 4 bedroom, 2.5-bathroom home (built in 2011) located in inner South East Portland. Features hardwood floors, fenced back yard, granite bathroom and kitchen counter tops, dishwasher, and washer/dryer. No pets, smoking, or drugs.
Rent: $700 per month includes all utilities. Min of 3 months.
Move in costs: First month rent and $700 security deposit with $50.00 being non-refundable cleaning deposit.
Includes: All utilities plus Wi-Fi.
Please let me know a little about yourself and your situation and any questions you may have.
Posted: Mon, 12 Jun. 2017
Expires: Thu, 27 Jul. 2017
One Bedroom/Bath Furnished Suite
This urban home is located in the desirable John's Landing neighborhood within walking/biking distance to OHSU (approx. 2 miles) It is two blocks from the river and Willamette Park. Grocery stores, pubs, restaurants, coffee shops, dry cleaners all within the neighborhood.
This One bedroom Furnished suite has its own entrance and private bath. The furnishings are high end with pottery barn queen bed/ down bedding, X-large antique dresser, leather loveseat, dark wood table with two bar stools for eating and tv with built in CD player. It comes equipped with a small refrigerator, microwave, hot plate, Verismo coffee maker and rice cooker.
Access to W/D, water, electric and garbage and WIFI are included
This unit is available now and will rent quickly! E-mail me and I will send you photos!
Posted: Sun, 11 Jun. 2017
Expires: Wed, 26 Jul. 2017
Room w/ private bath, study, deck
I own a nice 4 bedroom 3.5 bath home looking to rent a room upstairs (its actually more than one room)-- Your rooms would be a bedroom with attached private bathroom, which also connects to your own open study/den area that has its own deck. I am a single female living in the home, have 2 medium sized dogs but they wouldnt be in your area and are not yappy. I am set to repaint and put new carpeting in july, so the rooms are available August 1st. Located about 3 miles from OHSU, on the busline. Bright, lots of natural light, skylights. 800/month, includes utilities. Furnished or unfurnished, your choice.
All the bedrooms in my house are upstairs--your space will be up the stairs and to the right, it’s the only living space to the right. You walk through your open study area, and the door to the bedroom is on the other side of the study. I will have a doggie gate at the top of the stairs so my dogs won’t go in your area. They are incredibly sweet and affectionate.
There is also a room downstairs that you could setup as your own TV/family room type area, it has glass doors that close it off from the rest of the house. I will keep a few things in there but there is plenty of room for a couch/tv/table area.
The neighborhood is surprisingly quiet considering how close it is to downtown. Nice quiet street, lots of people walking, great neighbors, coffee, market, bar, restaurant within walking distance.
About me: I am a school psychologist at a high school, and also have a private practice as a therapist. I like things clean and uncluttered in general and have a housekeeper to help me out. In my free time, I like to walk, hike, read, mountain bike, go camping, go out to eat, have friends over, teach myself the ukulele!
If you like to garden, i have a large backyard that is yearning for someone to do something with it-- its mostly just lawn at this point, so you're welcome to have at it !
Posted: Fri, 9 Jun. 2017
Expires: Mon, 24 Jul. 2017
1BD IN LAIR HILL RIVER VIEW CRAFTSM
Share spacious main floor of Liar Hill craftsman duplex with spectacular river view porch.
Available JULY 1 or sooner. $950/mo. includes electric/WiFi/water/garbage. Gas separate. Small dog OK with $300 pet deposit and landlord approval.
Walk to Willamette Park, Corbett Street and John’s Landing shops and restaurants. Quick access to Barbur Blvd buses and bike route.
W/D and storage in basement. Gas range. Dishwasher. On-street parking with permit.
Must be willing to sign 12-month lease beginning AUGUST 1.
Responsible, 30-something, artistic retail professionalNon-smoker, quiet night owl, dog lover, green thumbAdventurous pescatarian cook who loves to entertainClean (ECO friendly) but not tidy LGBTQ friendly
Responsible, male or female, 30/40-something with stable employment or grad studentSocial but not heavy partier Considerate and willing to share cleaning and chores equallyMust love my jack/chihuahua mix Stella (heavy shedder)
Move-in costs: $950 + $950 deposit + $300 pet deposit. Message me to chat and schedule a viewing.
Posted: Thu, 8 Jun. 2017
Expires: Sun, 23 Jul. 2017