- Can this package be modified?
YES, it can be modify 100%, you can choose starting and ending dates,days or months, Hotels stars levels, can be done in a group or private basis, Etc. Of course prices will increase in some upgrades but if you keep the hotels level we can do a great deal with the basics. In any case we will make sure you get the most for the least and taylor made to your wishes.
359 visitor(s) thought this was helpful. Do you?
- The price quoted is 899.00 "double occupancy" what if we bring our children? ages 13 years and an infant?? I'm speaking of the 8 night 7 day package, what would the price be? Thanks
you save $100 on children less than 5 years, unfortunatelly airlines, shuttles and some hotels charge on per person basis in Guatemala, also elderly, students or teacher rates are NOT available.
419 visitor(s) thought this was helpful. Do you?
- Air transportation from San Francisco or my country to Guatemala is included?
NO, we do not handle international flights, please check on this airlines that do flight to Guatemala and try to buy an electrononic ticket better.
Please check at www.taca.com and sign up at their newsletter also www.aa.com www.copaair.com, www.taca.com the airlines the flight to Guatemala are
American Airlines, www.aa.com
Taca www.taca.com check for their email neswletter for specials
Iberia (directly from Europe) www.iberia.com
388 visitor(s) thought this was helpful. Do you?
- Soy argentina y agradecere informen que tipo de ropa es conveniente llevar si decido un viaje a la selva en Tikal.
What to bring to Tikal?
Muy liviana para el calor y zapatos con suela de goma fuertes
Bring...Lots of Adventure Spirit.
light CASUAL cloth and light sweater
good walking light shoes rubber bottom..not leather
strong sun screen
small flash light
some $1 bills
ATM card better than travel checks (Only AMEX are accepted in a few Guatemala banks)
US bills MUST be in perfect new condition to be accepted, $20s and 50s are better.
362 visitor(s) thought this was helpful. Do you?
- do u have any site which is indicating embasses of gautemala in East Africa.
Yes, the Guatemala consulates locations is at www.guatemalaweb.com home page also the official migration site is at www.migracion.gob.gt with English secction
419 visitor(s) thought this was helpful. Do you?
- At this time I am planning to study spanish at one of the schools in Antigua, but only for a week. Can I mix the tour with the school?
No problem we can handle it just let us know your available time and dates and we will make an itinerary special for you, we can also arrange the tours in your days off or any way you neet it.
349 visitor(s) thought this was helpful. Do you?
- I WILL BE TRAVELLING TO GUATAMALA CITY AND THEN ON TO PANAJACHEL. I ALREADY HAVE RESERVATIONS AND TICKETS. iS IT POSSIBLE TO TAKE ONLY THE TIKAL TOUR ROUNDTRIP? MUY GRACIAS
Yes it is possible to just take partial tours... find more info on the Tikal and other tours including prices please see our tour page at http://www.guatemalaweb.com/1/tours.htm
376 visitor(s) thought this was helpful. Do you?
- If there are children of the age 3 year, are the trips suitable for them, or is there a lot of walking/hiking involved that a child may not be able to do?
This are mostly easy going tours and also means of trasporting children, elderly or handycaped persons can be take by car into the Tikal acropolis upon request at the park guards station or hotel in Tikal.
354 visitor(s) thought this was helpful. Do you?
- Are any of the volcanos active? Is it possible to see lava flow from any of them? If so, can the itenary be changed to include these volcanos?
No problem, we have 3 active volcanoes the Pacaya is a one day trip that can be easily included or put stead of another in the package, it only takes 1 hour to climb up and see the lava from a montain in front of the volcano, no need to be an athlete and is a life time experiense, please consider to add an extra day and take the volcano tour unless you take time out from knowing Copan but it can be also done while you are in Antigua.
377 visitor(s) thought this was helpful. Do you?
- the program seems to be very hard starting three times at five or six a.m.
Things start early in Guate, but some of the other departures are flexible, also if you really do not want to wake up early there is always the chance of private transportation or changes for some of the tours, like Tikal where you can stay the first night in Flores if you take the afternoon flight and do the tour next morning.
367 visitor(s) thought this was helpful. Do you?
- Where do the trips start from, I intend to fly out of NYC(JFK airport). Can you send me the prices etc etc
The package usually start from Guatemala city, must clients arrive by plane, the international flight is NOT included in this package, for flight info please visit
http://citynet.com/request?16054 or www.taca.com
379 visitor(s) thought this was helpful. Do you?
- I have a friend who lives in Guatemala City if I get this package is their a way he can joined the tour onces we get their?
No problem, they can join ok, but We will need to fix it in advance.
347 visitor(s) thought this was helpful. Do you?
- what airline would i take to go to guatemala
try American Airlines, Delta, Taca, Continental or Copa or just click here: http://citynet.com/request?16054
386 visitor(s) thought this was helpful. Do you?
- Your 8-day tour sounds great - is it possible to take it as a private tour, just my husband and me plus a driver and car supplied by you?
Yes we can make a private tour OK, no problem at all, it has the advantage thet you can stop anywhere you like and manage your departure times more, think in add a few days if you can have the time and trip so you can take it easier and see more. 2 weeks will be great
396 visitor(s) thought this was helpful. Do you?
- What If I want to take a large group of people with me? Like a trip that can take 30 to 40 people or so?
The size is not a problem, We will make speial arrangements to have a private group and arrange for guides, hotels etc. services are upgraded in some areas and price can be lowered.
343 visitor(s) thought this was helpful. Do you?
- Does the running cost for the 8 day 7 night trip only include hotels or does it include fun things like going places or would that be xtra?
The package includes, all hotels and all tranfers to the touristic places in minibuses, some entrances and a few meals and guides like in Tikal and Copan
334 visitor(s) thought this was helpful. Do you?
- How do you travel throughout the 8 day journey?
By Minibus to Antigua, Lake Atitlan, Chichicastenango, and Copan.
By boat in the 3 pueblos tour at Lake Atitlan
By jet plane from Guate city to Flores to visit Tikal, then by tour bus from Flores to Tikal and back to the airport.
348 visitor(s) thought this was helpful. Do you?
- Have you a tour to Guatemala from Mexico?
All our tour do start at the Guatemala, under special requests we can add Palenque, Sn Cristobal de las Casas, Chetumal or from Cancun. But simply let Us know your requests and we will let you know.
We can now arrange shuttles from San Cristobal de las Casas in Mexico and start or end from Belize at extra cost.
366 visitor(s) thought this was helpful. Do you?
- Hay descuento para una persona que organisa un grupo?
Me interesa formar un grupo de 5 a 10 personas visitando la primera semana de marzo 2004.
5 a 9 personas tiene un 10% de descuento a el guia u organizador
10 personas o mas tiene un 25% de descuento a el guia u organizador
319 visitor(s) thought this was helpful. Do you?
- we'll arrive in guate airport at 8PM on next saturday.Is it possible or too late to come and sleep in Antigua (without a taxi)thank you.
Sorry but it Is almost impossible at that late hour and is not recomendable to travel by night, please do not take unnecesary risks against the general safety travel recommendations.
393 visitor(s) thought this was helpful. Do you?
- Yo peso 320lbs y mi esposa 230lbs
Tendremos problemas con alguno de los tours o los aviones pequeños?
Es posible que en algunos, es mejor escoger bien la empresa de avion y buses
354 visitor(s) thought this was helpful. Do you?
- I am 196 cm. tall (6' 5"). Would I be comfortable in your minibuses and the hotel beds?
Yes, you will survive OK, if possible try to get the front seat in the minibuses or the last seat on the right.
371 visitor(s) thought this was helpful. Do you?
- How many people are typically on a tour per day? How do we get from Guatemala City to Tikal? If we don't fly and go by van/bus, how long does it take? If we have 3 in our party, can we share one room? Are your guides truly fluent in English? Gracias!
Hi, tipically the groups are less than 12 persons with rare exceptions, the transportation to TIKAL is as foll: At 5AM you are take to the Airport from the hotel to get an early FLIGHT to Flores by Jet, once at Flores airport our guide encounters you and scort you to our bus to a short 1 hr drive to the Tikal park where you left your lugagge at your hotel and after that you start the walking tour to the main ruins area with our fluent English speaking expert guide.
339 visitor(s) thought this was helpful. Do you?
- Mi esposa y yo pensamos llegar a Guatemala el 22 de diciembre. Nos interesa el paquete de 7 noches y 8 dias ("Classic Journey". Podriamos comenzar el paquete el dia siguiente? Cambiaria el itinerario dado que hay dias festivos?
If I start on holidays what will happends?
Efectivamente en epocas muy altas hay un recargo del 30% en el paquete y pueden haber cambios en el itinerario, especialmente en el mercado de Chichicastenango, reservar con tiempo es muy importante.
In very high season days it can be some increase on the package wich we let you know on case to case basis and some changes to the market days may occur we we always manage to handle it ans usually at the same price, but early reservations are highly recommended.
346 visitor(s) thought this was helpful. Do you?
- Are VISA credit cards accepted in hotels and restaurants? Are ATMs available in many banks or other locations?
YES, VISA is the most accepted credit card in Guatemala, also in the ATMs that are widely available everywhere in the country, specially at the gas stations and nest to most banks. Do not forget to inform your bank that you are traveling to Guatemala and check you PIN. Travel checks are useless.
321 visitor(s) thought this was helpful. Do you?
- what is the weather like in jan/feb I am planning a trip in one of them months. Thank You.
A bit cool (60F) for our Guatemalan perfect weather standars, but they are great, everything still green but no rain at all, transitional months and are among my favorite moths do not think more, any month is Ok to come but this ones are great.
338 visitor(s) thought this was helpful. Do you?
- Do I need a visa to enter Guatamala? I am a resident alien of U.S.A. with a green card but I have a valid British (U.K.) passport, expires 9/17/2015
You have no problem, U.K citizens need no visa
325 visitor(s) thought this was helpful. Do you?
- I am trying to plan a trip to Guate love the 8 day 7 nights trip, We are also trying to plan an extension to this with a few days in Belize do you have any tours there?
Yes we have a extention that can make our package end or start in Belize city where you can take the boat to the cayes, but we do not work much with Belize due to communication difficults and because it is too expensive compared with our prices.
323 visitor(s) thought this was helpful. Do you?
- Interested in the 8 day trip. What kind of food in these places? Prices? how to pay
ALL KIND OF FOOD CAN BE FIND (MAYBE EXCEPT KOSHER)International, pastas, local (like Mexican, meats, vegetarian, etc. Prices are usually much cheaper than your country. You pay food with credit card in most restaurants and with local money in popular places.
296 visitor(s) thought this was helpful. Do you?
- I have tried two times, unsuccessfully, to book reservations for myself. Why don't I receive a reply?
Please note all reservations must be at www.posadabelen.com or www.guatemalaweb.com reservations form or call toll free to 1-866-TO-GUATE, once received we always answer the same day. Thanks for your question.
122 visitor(s) thought this was helpful. Do you?
- My wife and I will be staying in Antigua with friends for 3 weeks (June 10 to July 1) The most convenient time to take the tour would be June 16. Do you have anyone to pick us up in Antigua or would we need to arrange transportation to the airport or your hotel in Guatemala City? Thank you. Peter
YES, starting from Antigua, Panajachel or Flores in Peten is also possible.
112 visitor(s) thought this was helpful. Do you?
- Approximately how much extra cost should we plan? (border crossing, food, entrance fees, tips, etc.)
Also, how soon would we need to make a reservation for June 16?
Thank you. Peter
About $50 per day
162 visitor(s) thought this was helpful. Do you?