Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
To Love Unselfishly by Renée, Roya and Lisa

Gosh, I never created a sticky comment thread for this short story and collective effort! So, readers, I thank you on behalf of Lisa, Roya and myself, for having taken the trouble through the years to send Mrs. Darcy an e-mail to express your appreciation.

Renée

Re: To Love Unselfishly by Renée, Roya and Lisa

Here's the proper link

Mrs. Darcy's christmas story has a new winter coat.

I must say, this was the first FF story I have ever read. I was studying Charles Dickens's A Christmas Carol with my daughter Julieta, who was 14 and had not read it while it had been assigned, therefore , had to read it at once for an exam so that she could be promoted.Of course, after having spent a whole night reading all sorts of stories about ghosts and monsters...(her Language teacher seemed to have a thing for that type of reading) I happened upon it in this site.(my daughter was looking for Colin Firth's picture and entered this site by chance)and just loved the story.Ever since I had never stopped. Even now after a whole year.So I thank you all of you dear writers. It was a beautiful and very intelligent sweet story.

How cool is that, Eli!? I had no idea.

At the time Lisa, Roya and I were part of a small writers' group to which Mrs. Darcy's Grace and Joanie belonged as well. The last mentioned fine ladies deserve a lot of credit as well for editing our chapters. We had to write in such a hurry to have it finished before Christmas, and I'm sure we would never have succeeded without their unwavering support, encouragement and good advice.

I was totally exhausted afterwards, couldn't believe I managed. The stress you know was sometimes almost unbearable! LOL But what a wonderful experience it was. I often think back of it with such pleasure and fondness.

Indeed, I have found fan fiction writing is group work endeavour!!

It definitely is, hon. Which reminds me... I wanted to post your new chapter today, but again I'm experiencing problems with Bravenet. I can't get access to the pages.

Told them so, and let's hope it'll be fixed soon!

Hey Renee,

Seeing these comments for this story brought back such good memories for me too! You three did a heck of a job marrying your styles and perceptions into this story, and I was honored to be able to help with it a little bit! Nice to see this getting some "press" - just in time for the holidays too. I think I'll go back for another read soon...

J

I cherish the memories, Joanie. It was such an inspired period of my life! I will cherish it always. To celebrate it's three years' anniversary, I've improved the lay-out.

I would love to read this story but my poor little eyeballies can't take the strain of the red text on green background.

This is very strange, Rita. The texts is white. Have another look!

TLU

On my browser it shows only the title in white and the rest of the text is all red on a green background. I'll try another browser to see if it shows up differently.

Now that is weird....Firefox shows red text and Safari shows white! What would be the difference I wonder?? Oh well, I'm happy that I can read it now, anyway.

Weird indeed, Rita! html is html for as far as I know!

Hope you like it!

Oh, that was delicious!!! You ladies did a fine job. I'm particularly fond of 'A Christmas Carol', as it is a story that always seems to help me get into the Christmas mood. Your rendition was beautifully pieced together and I found Lady Catherine's squashing of the 3rd spirit hilarious and perfectly within her character.

I laughed a little, cried a little and eventually sighed happily. Merry Christmas!!

I laughed a little, cried a little and eventually sighed happily. Merry Christmas!!

You got the spirit...

Thanks for a lovely comment, dear Rita. This story is still so dear to our heart. Lisa will probably read this, but I'll pass it on to Roya who's way too busy these days to check out PP sites/forums.

A very merry Christmas to you too!

R~

Renee sent me an email about your comment. Thank you very much.

When I finish something I've written I generally don't think about it anymore. (The ones that are unfinished seem to haunt me.) I think this story is 3 years old and I'm so glad Renee has it here for readers. It was a lot of fun to write, especially working with Renee and Roya.

Thanks again.

Lisa

Since Christmas is approaching fast, I seize the opportunity to draw your attention once more to the Dickens and Austen inspired Christmas story I've written a couple of years ago together with two dear old friends Lisa L and Roya, To Love Unselfishly.

Happy holidays, my dears, and thank you from the bottom of my heart for all the lovely feedback and encouragement you've left for the authors in the message forum. Rest assured that all authors appreciate it immensely.

I forgot what a wonderful story that was. The three chapters are so seamless...a credit to the authors. The ending is especially charming and it was lovely that you revived this story for us at the perfect time of year to appreciate it even more. I loved the section on Charles, Caroline, and Mrs. Bingley. Charles was truly a non-entity in his own home. Scary!

Excellent in depth analysis of Darcy's character. Wonderful writing and story telling!

STEVIEB

Thank you, dear Stevie! Even though it's written a long time ago, the story is still very close to my heart.

This story was wonderful; and even though it was written by three separate people, I thought the transitions between the three seamless.

A wonderful piece, and a pleasure to read.