Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Report from Longbourn by Ellen G

You'll love this short story by Ellen. You can read it here

Enjoy!

Renée

Re: Report from Longbourn by Ellen G

Oh I love it! What a sly man Darcy is, to extract the information he wanted from Lady C

This is a truly wonderful short story! To know his thoughts upon hearing Collins' proposal, how he felt about Collins ("greasy toad-eater", "obsequious, pandering, bloated excuse for a man", and I just learnt a new word "sycophantic"!) and the thought of Lizzy in her marriage bed awaiting Collins haha!

And this, of course very nicely lead up to the scene when Darcy became a guest at Lady C's house and his first proposal, the rest is history

Good job Ellen!

Who knew that Darcy secretly loves gossip? I love stories that have his POV. Thanks for sharing this!

Wish we had a clapping smilie, I'd use it here! I could actually physically feel Darcy's reaction to the thought of Mr. Collins with Elizabeth. What an agony he must have had to wait to hear whether Collins had indeed married. Weeks of torturous thoughts. No wonder he would head off to visit his aunt once he learned Elizabeth was a guest in Rosings parish. This adds a whole new layer to that time he spent apart from Elizabeth.

What about this as an alternative, Rita

Renée

That's a great one! Very appropriate for the way I feel about Ellen's writing!

Great story! I love stories that have Darcy's POV, especially when we get a glipse that shows that he is not so proper after all...

Great story, only I wish it wasn't a short story. I would have loved more.

I love this story! I wish it wasnt a short story though!

The link to Report from Longbourn is leading to a different story( A long Strange Trip). Any one have a copy of the story they are willing to share?

I will fix the link asap, but if you just scroll down the page you'll stumble on the story eventually.