Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2 3 4 5
Author
Comment
Carol's Ae Fond Kiss

The first two chapters of Carol's wonderful modern day adaptation "Ae Fond Kiss" are up, dear readers. Enjoy!

Re: Carol's Ae Fond Kiss

OMG!! I love the first 2 chapters!!Great job, you got my attention!! Keep writing and post frequently!! I get disapointed when you get interested in a story and then no other chapters are posted. Sorry for the negative... I am just a fan of fanfiction!!lol

Don't worry, Sandy, the story is well on it's way and Carol sent me many more chapters. I promise I will post as regularly as I can.

R~

Yipee! New story and new author!
I like it already! Look forward to see how the double date turn up!

Oh! Absolutely love the first 2 chapters! I just really, really, really hope you'll update soon!!!

Thanks for two great chapters. This is a new twist with Charles taking out Elizabeth. Hope to read some new chapters soon! Cindy

You've set up a nice opening teaser for a rather complex and intriguing story. I loved the way you used Mr. Collins, and my favorite line in the first two chapters was: "... hell, his little feet would hardly have touched the ground in his rush to get to you." I laughed til I had tears in my eyes.

Welcome Carol! *waving*

Great to see you here, and you already know how much I love your story! It's a pleasure to re-read it, with a whole new group of first-timers and see their comments!

Keep up that writing! :)

Julie (ktleyed)

Oooo another new story to get into. I like Lizzy and the Gardiners am a bit worried about Jane's health though, perhaps she needs a strong man to insist she takes some time off and feed her up a little, I'm sure some guy will be more than willing to take her out to dinner now and then, purely for the sake of her health you understand!

I generally stick to regency fic's but for yours I will be making an exception, especially if you keep on describing Darcy's beauty, its just not fair how good looking that man is.

Thanks for sharing, I will look forward too more, lengthy as this first instalment is im afraid I have a large appetite and am still hungry for more.

LisaJ

Ps. May I give your Lizzy some advice, if her hair is that curly and prone to frizz, she should really stay away from brushes and hair dryers, it will damage it dreadfully.

Og Goodie a new story to read.
I haven't been on this site for a while and was thrilled to see some new stories - update soon pleeeeeeease!!!!!!!!

Carol,
it's really an interesting beginning !!!
I have some ideas about the next chapters but I am sure in reality they will be beyond my imagination, so go ahead and send us a new chapter soon!!!

Many thanks, Renee, for inviting me to post my story on your lovely site and for your warm welcome.

I appreciate everyone's comments - thank you.

Dear Carol, I'm overjoyed to have you here, so the pleasure is all mine. Your writing style is so lovely, and, so far, I particularly love the relationship between Jane and Lizzy. Can't wait to post the next chapter. I'm already preparing the document, so it won't be long.

Did you notice by any chance, that I posted links to Glasgow and Perthshire? Perthshire is even more beautiful than Dervyshire, if you ask me.

chapters 3 and 4 are up. Enjoy!

Dear Carol and Renee,
I am really really glad to 'retrouve' this story in here !
Thanks !

Oh dear this is all a mixed up! Please don't tell me their relationships are going to be in that manner for too long. Sure hope someone will take the initiative to admit that he/she got the wrong partner ....

Carol,

I am enjoying your story, it is very compelling! Please do not keep us waiting too long for the next chapters!!

Hi Carol,

Though a little late to the party, I just wanted to welcome you at Mrs. Darcy's site. I think your story is a terrific fit here and I love, love, love the premise!

Hope you enjoy posting here. I certainly have!

Wow, Carol for the next 2 chapters....

I am loving it !! I keep thinking how wrong....this is so wierd (that they are dating the wrong one)....but its got me hooked already !! Don't let us wait too long for the next chapters....I swear I check every day. haha

Great job Carol

Carol,

I first want to say welcome to Mrs. Darcy's and to say how excited I am to see a new story that has such a promising beginning. I frankly think it is funny to think of them starting off with the wrong partners! But even more to see them interact as a friendly foursome is always fun! I think they are all funny when they are interacting together. But of course I know Darcy and Lizzy will end up together so that always makes me HAPPY!

Hey Carol, I like your story even though it all seems so strange that Lizzy is with Charles and Darcy is with Jane. I also feel that they will get it right before to long. And even in your writing I can since that you, through your characters, also feel the same way. Great job and hope to read more over the weekend????

Hope you enjoy posting here. I certainly have!

Thanks, Tracey . And I can't tell you how much I enjoy having you here.

Carol,
Thanks for updating so quickly.
I love you story and your storytelling - this is great.

Thanks for another couple of chapters, even if it does make me want to bash their heads toghether! I hope they all do some partner swapping before it gets too late.

Renee, a question..since I am indeed in love with story...is this story completed???? I do get depressed went it is not...please say that it is since I think I read somewhere earlier that this story is being retrieve again or something like that...

Dear Ima, it's not completed as yet, but Carol is well on her way. I've got quite a few chapters in store for you and will post chapters 5 and 6 tonight or tomorrow!

My dears, chapters 5 and 6 are up. Enjoy!

I'm really loving this story!! Its so different from any of the others I have read! I just hope it doesn't take them too long to resolve as it is making me more frustrated too!!

Great story! Oh the frustration I love that you write long chapters! I get so involved that I want it to continue! I love the Scottish take. Very different, but, I am learning all that you have researched for this story.

I love the Scottish take

So do I! I'm so fond of Scotland even though I've never been there, I love the countryside, the accent, the mysteriousness, the kilts... And now I see Colin Firth in kilt all the time as in MLSF!

Carol.....

I just love the last chapter!!! I also love the long chapters too and hopefully there is much more!!

I think its funny that the sisters are feeling the same thing and aren't talking to each other about it...

Thanks and look forward to the next chapters !!

Sandy

Hey Carol, I have really enjoyed this story keep up the good work.

Carol, what a nice mess that you have created..I feel like a mess when reading it ..but loving it..this is soo different..but I love how you let your imagination run wild from the original but still the same D&E and C&J..please keep on writing

Oh they are still in a muddle! But am glad that finally Lizzy & Darcy have come to some sort of understanding. It was great to have Charlotte introduced into the story to offer her observations and ears to Lizzy, i was almost hoping that Jane will have her chance too, so that Charlotte can help the couples to resolve their tangled relationships!

Anyway, great chapters with the dancing and friends' reunions! Not forgetting of course, the acknowledgement of Darcy & Lizzy feelings to each other (finally!)

They must be getting close to swapping point soon Great chapters, love the introduction of the kilts, yummy. Thanks.

Carol,
I absolutely love the dance scene. You could almost feel the attraction just by reading it! Nothing like "forbidden" love right? Well let's just hope they correct that soon and when they do, I see fireworks going off! Great story and hope to read more soon!

Hi Carol,
You have a great feel for dialogue and the setting for your story is terrific. I know some but not all the locations, so I can't wait until you head up to Aberfeldy. Will we take in Crieff (Ewan McGregor territory, I believe) or any distilleries on the way?
Thanks for an excellent read.
Juliet

Chapter 7 is up, my dears. Enjoy!

Renee dear,
Is it me or is it you dear...I just can't get to Chapter 7..I keep on going to Chapter 6 instead when i click for 7..is it me..the impatient me..the eager me that has click it wrongly??

Ooops dear, it was my mistake...all I have to do is refresh...I was about to swicth off the computer as I was getting to be really sleepy but decided to check this site again and WOW....a new chapter...thanks dear..I'm off to reading it...just want to apologize to you first for MY OWN silliness... Now i"m off to reading it...

Never mind, my dear, I was just about to tell you to refresh your page.

Enjoy the chapter!

Oh Renee, Thank you for another chapter of this wonderful story this week!

Carol, What another great chapter! Oh and that kiss! I wish they could all get to their appropriate partners and soon! As for Mrs. Bennet, I have to say that I really don't like her in this story. Of course she is always displayed as obnoxious and never gives Elizabeth much slack but this lady is almost down right mean! I can't wait to see her eat some crow when the partners switch! LOL Thanks again for another GREAT chapter! Hope to have more soon!
Brandy

Hope to have more soon!

You definitely will, Brandy. I'm very busy this weekend, otherwise I would have posted two chapters, but I hope to be able to make some time for chapter 8 in the beginning of next week.

Thank you for all your comments!!

Juliet - Much as I like Ewan McGregor, I'm affaid we'll not be visiting Crieff in my story. I chose Aberfeldy because I was born there and it's a place I love.

Renee,
..he he thanks..but Mrs Bennett..no thanks to her ..she is so vindictive ..poor Lizzy..and William...but they did manage to ..hmmmm...Carol..thanks for the kiss .. Renee please can we have more soon..I promise to refresh my computer this time...

God, Carol you surprise me!! Another chapter!!

I just loved that they kissed!! I like it that he has such feelings for Elizabeth and it shows. I can't wait for more!!

You got me hooked!!

Sandy

Carol i love your story! But i don't think i could bare it if William kissed Jane, or got more involved with her. This is very painful, can't Charles make a move?

Carol,
I long for more. I enjoy your work. When do we her about Lizzy's past? I sense some angst there. Looking forward to more soon.

Yes finally the kiss! I hope the miracle that William is wishing for is this instance, when Jane is recuperating, and Charles would become her knight and everything will soon be sorted out. I wish i wish!

Mrs Bennet is indeed so unbearable, i feel like punching her myself!

Carol
WOW! I love this story. However, William being with Jane is killing me and him too, I think. I very curious as to how this mess is going to get straightened out. I'm glad Elizabeth is feeling the same thing William is. Keep writing and thanks for the frequent postings. Cindy

Carol.
I must confess I rarely like modern PP FF stories. Yet you have given it a wonderful turn!!Well done Carol!!I am looking forward for the next posting.

1 2 3 4 5