Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2 3
Author
Comment
Obstacles to Overcome by Belén

Mrs Darcy's proud to announce that the first three chapters of one of her all time favourite stories taking place in the equestrial world, "Obstacles to Overcome", have been posted.

The story is completed, but Belén's editing it and will send it to me in clusters of three.

I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I.

You can express your appreciation in this thread. I'm sure Belén will appreciate it very much.

Re: Obstacles to Overcome by Belén

Wow! Obstacles! Best modern FF ever!

That's just great news !
One of my favourite stories also ! Thank you !

I am just happy to read it again - is the editing to bring some new as well ? I wouldn't mind !

I'm sorry Mihaela, but I'm just cheching misspells and grammar. I don't think I'll add any new scenes to this story. It's quite long!

Thank you
Be

It's perfect, B, just as it is!

I don't think I'll add any new scenes to this story. It's quite long!

Either way it suits me ! I loved it as it was, anything added would have been a bonus ! Nor that I have noticed any misspels or extra-length!
And who would protest if there were to be more of EHH ? Or an exclussive vignette for Mrs Darcy ?

Or an exclussive vignette for Mrs Darcy ?

Mihaela, you're so full of splendid ideas!

In case you haven't got one, B?... tee hee!

Love it, love it, love it! I stopped riding a few years ago, but this fic makes me want to start again! Any chance we'll get a new vignette, Belen? Pretty please? I'd settle for one from "Paper Jam" ... I'm not picky!

EHH is here now! I love this story, Belen. Thanks for posting it here. I watched show jumping on TV not too long ago and you KNOW who was on my mind, right? And it's all your fault. Which is a GOOD thing!

WONDERFUL news!! OTO is one of my favorite JA FF stories!

Thanks Renée and Belén!

Cheers,
Julia B

Belen and Renee,
Just wanted to let you know I've read this story twice already so you know I am a fan and will reread it again on this site. Thanks for posting here! Cindy

Boy really enjoyed can't wait for ch 4

Galloping to the forum to inform you that Chapter 4 - 6 have been posted. Enjoy!

I've just posted chapter 7 - 9 of Belén's fantabulous classic. Enjoy!

Oops, broken link

Here you go...

OTO 7 -9

Mistake of yours truly... I've uploaded chapters 7-10.

Chapters 11 - 13 are up, my dears. Enjoy!

Please finish this quickly Belen! i'm loving it!
I LOVE your Elizabeth, she is wonderful... and Darcy at the moment is sooooo horrible to her... wow i'm enjoying it!

Here you go, Rosie and other fans, chapters 14 and 15 are up. Enjoy!

This is one of the very first ff I have read and I completely fell in love with this story (and this Darcy). I have read many other great fictions since than, but there were very few which could even try to compete with "Obstacles".
I read somewhere else you have had some hard time in your RL and just wanna send hugs and smiles and huge thank you for this wonderful story

i love this story.
its absolutely fantastic.
:]

I got to the end of the new chapters and I just wanted to cry. One, out of frustration for being left off at that moment. But most of all I enjoyed how you played out Darcy and Elizabeth. She realized a lot sooner than I would have thought that she was crazy about Darcy. I can only hope for speedy updates!

And Wickham being gay, o man that was a twist.

Thank you Girls!

And Margaret, these are my two favourite chapters for this story because their feelings come out so raw and they feel with such intensity that I cannot but feel with them.

I'm so happy that you are enjoying this old story.

Hugs
Be

Here you go, dear fans, chapters 16 and 17 are up. Enjoy!

18 and 19 coming soon!

And... as promised chapters 18 and 19!

I am really enjoying this great story - I have been devouring the latest chapters and am glad to see that Darcy is suffering!!
Hope it works out for him and Elizabeth in the next few chapters

Chapter 20 is up, dear readers. Enjoy!

Chapter 21 and 22 are up, my dears. Enjoy!

Belén, I cannot tell you how much I enjoy re-reading your terrific story. Certainly now that they feel more and more at ease with each other. I so remember their ride across the grounds of Pemberley.
One thing I had forgotten... Aberystwyth is mentioned... I've been there on my very first vacation with my boyfriend - in the meantime my husband for many many years - back in 1971. We hitchhiked through England to Wales and stayed on a camping site of a former lover of one of my sisters. He held horses too! Wow, I haven't thought of it for a long time, so thank you for having brought back such sweet memories.

Hi Belén!
I, too, can't thank you enough for posting OtO again. I just love this story. Its as fresh the second time around as it was the first time I read it.

Thank you again!

Cheers,
Julia B

Belen,

I have loved, loved, loved this story. I am so impressed with your writing; I feel like I am right there! Wonderful character development! This Darcy is one of my favorite fanfiction versions to date -- Regency or modern -- he is amazing -- dreamy, actually. As a horselover I am especially thrilled with how you've used the equestrian theme. It really works! When you first posted to this site, I was hesitant to begin reading because there is nothing more frustrating than beginning a story only to have it end midstream -- but I confess, I found this on another fanfiction site and could hardly stop reading. Was so happy! Now, I am reading it AGAIN on this site and wondered if you are making changes to this version? Seems like you must be because as impossible this may seem, it is even better. Anyway, thank you very much for this delightful and satisfying story. WELL DONE!

Chapters 23, 24 and 25 have just been posted. Enjoy, my dears!

It's been a while, my dears, but here you go! Chapters 26 and 27 have been posted.

Awesome story, looking forward to reading chapters 28 on. Keep up the great work.

Thank you Pauline!

Obstacles is already finished so if you are anxious to know how it ends, you can read the compelte story at Austen Interlude. this is a revised version, but it differes very little from the original.

Good Read!

Hugs
Be

I'm anxiously awaiting the next, m'dear!

Here you go, my dears! Chapters 28, 29 and 30 are up. Enjoy!

Show jumping album! Ha-- Now that is funny! Poor Lizzy, trying to recover some dignity from her utter embarrassment of her family, etc. only to be tormented further by a now funny-man-Darcy. I'm so glad they are together finally! I'm all smiles.

I just discovered this today, Renée. I read it through, well until there was no more...
This is lovely... and specially because I do love horses!!!
You wrote it so lively... Darcy's personality is very interesting, loyal to its P&P-original in many ways...
and Lizzies's too. I am starting falling for the Modern versions of P&P (although I once thought I would never be able to enjoy them ...) After all, you do have amazing ones here!!!...
Look forward to reading next chapters soon.

Thank you for the direction to austeninterlude, it is great to read the full story.
I'm new at this FF browsing, I didn't realise there were so many sites to entertain.

Keep up the good work.....

Chapter 31 is up, my dears. Enjoy!

Thanks for another great chapter. I think I would be intimidated by Darcy too. It would be worth the intimidation though, wouldn't it! Cindy

Very nice, indeed. I can very well understand Elizabeth's situation and her insecurity towards Darcy. They belong to two different worlds and to bridge them it is not an easy task. But thanks God love has the power to overcome all barriers. And as Darcy fell so strongly and since so long for Lizzy, he is not going to give her up now. Good that Lady C and Ann are on his side, too.
Look forward for... MORE!!!
Maria

Chapters 32 and 33 are up, my dears. Enjoy!

I love the way you describe her state of mind after the last kiss: "like a zombie...she went to her room"... It shows how unexperienced and innocent Lizzy is and it fits so well to the story. Wonderfully written.

Maria

I want to go on a date with William Darcy!! (I'm sure my husband would not be happy.) This story is really heating up now. Can't wait for more especially since D&E are all happy and in-love!

Such a shame that it takes so long until the next post is up.
One is "forced" to look for the story somewhere else...
And that is not fair...
I would sincerely prefair to read it all through here.
In any way, the story is finished, isn't it?

Maria, dear, thanky you so much for your loyalty. Obviously I prefer the visitors to remain here as well, but in this case either I or Belén can help it. Belén is editing this story but her time is limited, and I am of course dependant of her. Most of the time I post shortly after having received the chapters. I'm anxiously awaiting the new ones as you are.

Patience my dears!

Right now I'm finishing the following three chapters. You'll receive them soon, Renèe!

Hugs
Be

Right now I'm finishing the following three chapters. You'll receive them soon, Renèe!

I'm on the look-out, m'dear!

Great chapter Belen. I was quite squirming in my seat at the uncomfortable dinner situation. That Bennet family, regardless of who's writing the story, is always so embarrassing. Glad you are working diligently to finish this story to a happy resolution! Keep up the good work!

1 2 3