Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2
Author
Comment
Snapshots - A Sequel to holidays by Rachael

Quite breathlessly barging in, my dears. But I've got such great news! Chapter 1 of one of my favourite modern retellings Chapter 1, Rachael's Snapshots, has just been posted. You will love it, I assure you!

Re: Snapshots - A Sequel to holidays by Rachael

Oh, I am so glad that you decided to wright further continuing the story. As I know you, it will be not only promising but also regularly written and finished...

Thanks Rachael and thanks Renée for posting it.
Look forward...

Maria

I am so happy to see this story continuing!!!!

I hope you update soon.

Thankyou SO much for posting Snapshots! I will really enjoy reading it again! Thankyou Thankyou

Welcome back, so pleased that you are continueing your story, I have come to love your characters and your writing.
Many Thanks
Jo

thanks Maria, Sophie, Jane and Josephine. I'm glad you like the story. I can assure you that it is already finished, and the only thing that will prevent it being posted regularly is the intrusion of Real Life! But I'll do my best to keep to a good schedule. Hope you continue to enjoy it, and look forward to your comments

Thank you so much for this lovely story. I really enjoyed What We Did On Our Holiday and can't wait to read the rest of your story!

Rachael, I had no idea you had a continuation to Holidays, it feels like Christmas. The first chapter only makes me hungry for more. I want even share my age, because I should be embarrassed that I have no patience. Truly, looking forward to continuing the read. Good Luck with the RL, I recall you have some very new aspects with RL changes, (new job and daughter out of school) sounds like a new adventure. Good Luck with it all and take care!

Making babies!! I look forward to that!
Great to hear more about Darcy & Lizzy's married life, Rachael

Oh, I bet if they do start making babies she'll be so tired that she won't want to even work part-time out of the house!

Ohhh I love the Holidays story, thanks for continuing it. I can't wait to hear about the additional Darcy. Please post soon.

It's springtime, my dears. Part two is up. Enjoy!

A great chapter! Oh, poor sam. I hope it gets all sorted out!

Can't wait for the next part!

Loved the teens' reaction to the baby news, as well as Mary's great Aunt-y advice!

But a question, if I may...when Mary asks, "So, you going to tell me what's up, or are we staying out here 'til we get piles?" ...what does she mean?
Is that a British term, to "get piles," or was she referring to the twigs he was throwing in the water?

Thanks for continuing/sharing this story!!

Leanne, its a British old wive's tale - piles is the common name for haemorhoids (sp?), and by repute, you get them from sitting on cold, damp things, like sitting out on the ground for a long time.

Hope that helps!

Thanks for all your comments, glad you're enjoying the story

LOL! Thanks for the explanation - Mary's line is much funnier that way (though not, I suppose, if they were actually to get piles!)

Part three, summer, is up, my dears. Enjoy!

I love this story, but any chance it could be edited with paragraph breaks in the appropriate places? It actually hurts my eyes to read a story in huge long paragraphs like this. I could barely get through the first 3 lines of the 1st long paragraph. Thanks!

I'm so sorry, dear readers, the formatting was all wrong. I was a bit in a hurry this morning 'cause I had to go to Amsterdam and absolutely wanted to post it before my departure. It's never good to do something in haste, is it? Anyway, I've fixed it!

Part four is up, my dears. Enjoy!

Thanks Rachael, I love this story!
And I like how you write it: clear, precise and without unnecessary laces...

Look forward to next post.
I do wonde about something though: what season will it be? ;-)

I love this family and the two additions, Rachael. So glad that you promised us more rather than ending this sequel right there.

Oh, very sweet! A job well done by sam! But uhh...what about Ally?!?!?!

As long as you are explaining terms, what's a sixth former and spag bol?? Sweet story. What a treat!

I loved that Sam was there for her. Thanks for the marvelous stories!

sixth former - someone who has stayed on at school beyond 16, to do their A levels. "Sixth form" is a bit of an old-fashioned term, its Year 12 and Year 13 now.

Spag bol = spaghetti bolognese, Elizabeth's signature dish and a favourite of William's!

Thanks for all the comments, really very much appreciated.

"Sam nodded, thinking that William was clearly deranged as they both looked like identical pink curled up prunes, but that he'd agree anyway." :-D

I just wanted to say that I enjoyed, in particular, the portrayal of Sam (and Alice, but Sam seems to show up more). His behavior - a mix of real-world maturity brought by his circumstances in life while still keeping that same teenage development in other ways - is so real and believable.

And I love the Elizabeth-Mary relationship. I always felt so bad for Mary.

I love your sequel! Please update soon :)

Part five, another winter, is up, my dears. Enjoy!

Wow, this is getting hot!... Poor William, he cannot be just happy, can he?
I cannot wait till I read what trouble Ally got herself into.
Dear Rachael, be so kind and post quickly, please.

Wow, Ally is really being a naughty rebellious rich kid isn't she. Also she is just awful to Sam and he is a real sweety.
Can't wait to read the next chapter.
Many Thanks
Jo

I think the differences between Sam & Ally are partly because of their situations but partly because 15 year old girls are way more mature than 15 year old boys. I'm not surprised by Sam being more responsible. I think the portrayla of Ally is very realistic. Good job, Rachael!

Part six, December, is up my dears. Enjoy!

That was such a realistic picture of teenage and parental angst. I love how E & W handled it. William is right to discuss her with his wife. I hope Ally will get her act together soon. Thanks for the lovely chapter, Rachael.

I love those teen-dialogs: they are so real!!!...
I am glad they sorted it out, Will and Ally, somehow. It touched me that Ally cannot express her feelings but it is no wonder, Will just opened up after meeting Elisabeth.
Welldone Rachael, keep inspired and share soon again with us.

Oh Rachael, this rings so true!
Having been in much the same position, my heart goes out to William and Elizabeth. You tell their/our story so beautifully.
Thanks
JulietR

Rachael, this is a wonderful story, I always enjoy your postings. Thanks for sharing and taking the time.

SonyaR

So glad to see Ally came to her senses in time. And Sam is such a sensible boy! I hope the comment that Ally made previously will not affect his esteem.

Amazing story cant wait for the sequel i read both, both amazing!

I've enjoyed your stories. I too, can't wait for an update. I hope that Ally stops the "attention" grabbing crap and just talks about her feelings. I wouldn't want anything to happen to thier "new" family.

Here you go, ladies and gents, part seven, the last chapter is up. Enjoy!

Lovely ending to a beautiful story, I have come to love your characters, it has been like being a fly on the wall waching them.
I do hope you have another story in the pipeline.
Many thanks for the hours of pleasure you have given me.
Jo

Absolutely beautiful.

The first story amazed me and this sequel has just been fantastic. Thanks for such a touching story.

Oh, how beautiful, Rachael! I even have tears in my eyes.

I know that it is the end of it... but I can hardly believe that... this family has become part of my life and I pleasure so much reading about them.
Dear Rachael, do you consider writing further along the Darcy's future??? Please, please do. I am sure I am not alone im my plea, don't you agree Mrs Darcy????

Rachel,

I just have to say that I enjoyed this lovely sequel to your Holidays story. It's quite cute to see them being the whole family unit. Sometimes there are good times and sometimes there are bad, but we deal with them and we're still family. Great job!

Lovely, lovely, lovely! That was a perfect way to end--one big happy family complete with good & bad times.

Rachael - This is now one of my favorites, along with your "What We Did On Our Holidays." Both beautiful, just beautiful stories!

Wonderful sequel Rachael! it's a lovely feel-good ending and I am quite in the mood for christmas now

Love your story, Rachael. Thank you for sharing it with us.

BFLY

Totally agree with Maria - I would love another sequel!
I have absolutely loved this story and I too had tears in my eyes reading it!
So sad it has come to an end - but a beautiful snuggly end!!
Well done Rachel!

Thankyou so much for posting Snapshots. It was
wonderful to read it again. I too would love to read a further sequel if and when you find the time and inspiration!

1 2