Mrs Darcy's Message Forum

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Copyright held by Renée OAll rights reserved. No part of this site may be reproduced in any form without prior permission of the administrator.

Gift suggestions from Mrs Darcy's Online Store

website design company page
website design company

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Author
Comment
Ellen G's Silver Dust

Hold on to your bonnets, my dears, Ellen G will grace the site the coming months with a brand new WIP: Silver Dust, set in Nevada in 1877. Chapter 1 has just been posted!

You are so going to love it! And don't forget to tell her just that.

Re: Ellen G's Silver Dust

ooh! How exciting! I can't wait for the next chapter! I’ve been to Virginia City not to long ago so I can see the “old” type of scene you are describing. I'm glad you have another story up!

Wow...I havent posted for sooo long that my computer didnt remember my username. Anyway, I am so excited! I dont like reading WIPs anymore because I dont like the "wishing and hoping" aspect but I know you will post regularly and you will FINISH IT! Looks to be a great story. Wonderful first chapter. You have made my day, again!!!

Never fear, Kayakchick, Ellen always finishes her stories! I'm totally confident that it will be the case this time too. She has too much fun herself writing it.

It's lovely, isn't it? I was hooked as off the first paragraph.

Thank you, dear Ellen, for sharing another one of your jewels with us.

Ellen! I adore your writing, everything I've read by you I've liked, and while I don't like WIPs because it is so heartbreaking when authors abandon them, I have faith in you, Ellen, that you won't let me down! I hope you update soon!

Ellen,

WOW!!! What a start! At first I thought your Caroline was too good, then Darcy came in and she became, well, Caroline. And what an entrance for Lizzy! I am assuming that Lizzy is the 'boy' herder with a fast draw. Oh, please post soon and regularly!

Best,

MAB

Thanks for the love, ladies! When the message forum first went up today, there were no comments at all on it the first few times I checked, and I feared perhaps the concept didn't interest our readership.

Now I realize that I was wrong! And because you are all so kind, I promise you, I will finish it!

This promises to be an exciting take on my favourite story of all time, can't wait for the chapters to be posted.

Darling Ellen, as of this morning till now 10.00 pm (Amsterdam time) you had a total of 298 visitors on your new pages.

Unfortunately, not all visitors take the trouble or have the courage to post a comment. Most of Mrs. Darcy's average of 1,400 daily visitors are lurkers, that's everywhere the same. So let me seize the opportunity and express my appreciation for all those fans who do post.

Each and every FF author loves to get feedback. After all it's their only reward. So, thanks again, dear posters. And Ellen, just wait and see! You'll get many more soon.

Every time you manage to be totally original, and every time the quality of your writing is spot on. I'm awfully proud to have your work here.

Hooray! Another Ellen G story!! The beginning was wonderful and I'm intrigued to read more. Thank you for sharing your new story with us.

Aw, shucks, thank you kindly, ma'am.

Ellen! I can't believe this. I have been a "Bonanza" girl since well, forever and used to have a huge crush on the oldest son. Now you have captured the time and setting in a story by you! What's not to love?

Very intriguing beginning! I love old west stories and your writing is brilliant. I loved "Eye of Beholder" and will be checking here daily for more "Silver Dust" like I did for "Eye". I usually read on my treo and for some reason it will not allow me to comment on this site from my treo, so if I don't faithfully comment, please know I faithfully read and I will try to do better! Thanks so much for sharing.

I was more of a Big Country girl than Bonanza but that's ok. I remember those Cartwright boys!

I was all set to like Caroline and her work ethic until she fawned over William.

I can't wait to see who this mysterious female is!

Excellent beginning, Ellen. It's great to see another story by you (and the Western theme has been used all too infrequently in JAFF--great to see another!)

Thanks for posting

Ayla, more visitors have told me that they cannot post in the message forum. I have no idea why that is. When I get the opportunity I'll ask the provider.
Thanks for posting!

Well Ellen has done it again. I am hooked on this story straight away and I don't even like westerns or anything to do with the wild west. I applaud your imagination Ellen and will be eagerly awaiting your next chapter.

Thanks again, everyone!

Just a little "heads-up," that I will be away on vacation for the next week, and dear Renee does not have any other chapters to post.

Renee, while you're asking technical questions, perhaps you can find out why my "Notify me by email when somebody replies to this message" function no longer works.

See y'all next week!

dear Renee does not have any other chapters to post.

But I have, darlin', not one of yours of course, but while you're away, I'll keep the visitors entertained with a couple of other installments! Enjoy yourself, and please return from your ski holiday in one piece!

BTW, to receive notifications, click the box below the window in which you type your message. However, if you already did, it does happen sometimes that notifications arrive much later. Don't know why.

Thank you Ellen! I've been visiting daily in anticipation of your next story. Love the first chapter and ready for more Silver Dust! Roselle

But I have, darlin', not one of yours of course, but while you're away, I'll keep the visitors entertained with a couple of other installments!

LOL! Of course you will, Renee, dear; I know that I'm not the only game in town! I just meant that my readers shouldn't expect anything new on Silver Dust for at least a week.

Another great Ellen G story and a western to boot!
When I was younger, I read everything that had a horse mentioned, and developed a love of westerns. Zane Grey was a favorite and his most loved book, "West of The Pecos" was a story of a girl who disguised herself as a boy.

I know I am going to enjoy your story also.

Mo

Ellen, that was a great first chapter. I do enjoy a good western story. I have my horse saddled and am ready for this ride!

Thanks

"I like it; I love it; I want some more of it."

I must admit that, at first, when I saw the announcement of a new WIP, I thought I would abstain... as I have pages and pages of WIP that I am trying to keep track of and "my achy, breaky heart" really can't tolerate much more of wayward authors. But as the days went on and I checked in to see what's been posted, my curiosity intensified. And so I gave in to my addiction... and of course, found Ellen's premise and writing, top shelf, as ever! Loved the dramatic intro of Lizzy! I haven't read any western themed D&E stories, so this is a novelty for me! Thanks for all your wonderful efforts so far -- I'm just sorry that I waited almost a week to belly-up to the bar! (And I am grateful you are not calling Bingley "Little Charlie!" I can't help but blush with where that thought leads me.) Do you have any idea how many chapters you are anticipating... and how often do you intend to poste? Answers to these questions might aid in the preservation of my poor fingernails!

Hi ho, ladies, I'm back from skiing in Vermont, all limbs intact and ready to write! Many thanks to everyone who commented.

Oddly enough, I've never been a big fan of westerns myself, but I will admit to a fascination with button-fly Levi's!

Christina, as with all my stories, there will be exactly as many chapters as there need to be...and that's all I can tell you, because I do not write an outline. *horrified gasp from professional writers* But I generally provide Renee a chapter per week, sometimes more if I have lots of time on my hands and the inspiration strikes. I will promise, however, not to leave you hanging, because I always finish my stories.

Thank you for the response-- I will look forward to reading this! Hope your holiday was fun!

I've just found you and this site. Your stuff is wonderful, and this is a great beginning. Thanks for sharing the fruits of your labors!

I'm another who had a serious crush on Adam Cartwright/Pernell Roberts in my extreme youth, and am a little reminded of him by your Darcy.

Kathleen

Welcome, Kathleen, and thanks.

Yee ha! That was a GREAT beginning, Ellen ! I love your stories and so glad that finally we see a new gem from you! This Lizzy (it has to be her right?!) is quite a character already, can't wait to see how Darcy handle the mistake hehee...oh and Caroline! She sounds like quite a babe but will she set her claws out when the competition heats up? Look forward to more good stuff

Chapter 2 is up, my dears. Enjoy!

Ellen,

This is already becoming a "classic". Wonderful second chapter. I love your Darcy's response to Elizabeth. Your writing is exceptional. Can't wait to see how Elizabeth cleans up.

Roselle

I bet Lizzy is going to be all polished and pretty for the party! Perhaps she can also flash some curves as well, right in Caroline's face
Am loving this story

I agree with the other gals! I can't wait to see what Lizzy will look like. I hope she knocks thier socks off!

I'm as excited as Lydia and Mary for the party at the Lucas's!! I'm all anticipation! Great story-- I'm sucked in all ready!

Oh!, I loved chapter 2!!! keep up the good work ellen! I love this!

Of course Caroline would not laugh at her precious Will. I am glad Elizabeth can laugh. Chapter 2 was wonderful, Ellen. Loved the Bennets!

Cant wait to see what "surprises" Elizabeth has up her sleeve for Darcy in the next chapter...thanks Ellen!

Wonderful! Thanks so much.

Will Miss Lizzy be handsome enough to tempt Mr. Darcy! Can't wait for the party!

Wonderful beginning, Ellen! I love the sparks already flying, and Darcy riding for the biggest fall of all. Can't wait to see the party scene!

I'm so excited for your new story, Ellen! A western P&P is always a treat. And poor Darcy! Mistaking Elizabeth for a boy. I can't wait to read more. Thanks, Ellen and Renee.

Wonderful chapter Ellen. Exactly what I have come to expect from you and your excellent writing. Such a wonderful twist to our beloved story. I can't wait to read the next chapter.

Post again soon, please.

Glad everyone's having a good time! Chapter 3 next week!

Glad everyone's having a good time! Chapter 3 next week!

Heeeeeeee haaaa!

Oh Ellen. This is just too much! Only your vivid imagination could have made such a picture of Elizabeth. I can just see her wearing those jeans, looking so boyish. Will she be able to turn William Darcy's head her way? I bet she will! I am having a terrific time with this story. Only you can beat yourself. I wonder what else you have in store for us. Mmmm. I'd better have my fan handy.

Ellen I just found this story and I'm really enjoying it.
Darcy grabing Lizzy's arm and she turned around pistol drawn threatening to make him a (gelding "sp") I loved it.

I can't wait for the Party Lucas is giving. Will he even recoginze Lizzy? You said you'd post every five days so 28, 29, 1, 2, 3rd so come on Monday.

Nothing like a little Cowboy Action!
Geri

Chapter 3 is up, my dears. Enjoy!

Loved the dialogue betw Caroline and Louise . Poor poor Lizzy to suffer such an embarrassment! I hope Darcy will be gentle with her when they meet up next time!

Very nice Ellen. I enjoyed Elizabeth's descriptions of the ranch and surrounding area.
Will Mrs. Bennet continue to embarass her daughter as the night goes on?
Can't wait for more.

Great chapter Ellen. Will Mrs. Bennet ever learn to hold her tongue? Glad to see that Will was pleasantly surprised at how well Lizzy cleans up. I'm enjoying this story very much. I hope you can post again soon.

That mother is such a clucking hen! Poor Lizzy. Great chapter!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10