Return to Website

The Pompadours Forum

Welcome to

"The Pompadour's Forum."

Please do not leave any "Adverts" in the Forum that are not related to the Battalion, as they will be deleted.

The Pompadours Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Drummer Reunion

Calling All Drummers,
having discussed it with the committee (Necky) we have come up with 20.00 hrs Sat 04 Jul 2009 Colchester as the date of the reunion. It will be held in Jim Thumwood's cadet centre. It has a kitchen and a fully licensed bar. We have hired a caterer (Necky was worried I'd eat the food before serving it if not!) There is limited accom for single blokes (not suited for our ladies) on camp cots in a TA centre. I will get a list of B&Bs in the area. The estimate cost will be £15 per head (It will not be more).
I know it is a long way out but please clear your diaries and await further instruction. I will send out a return with details of payment etc. In the meantime spread the word to all in the Drums and anyone who was in 8 Platoon in Belfast 86. Wives and (grown up kids) are most welcome. We will also consider friends of the Drums (thats me!) in a case by case basis as we are restricted to 45 in the bar.

Please dig out old photos and post of the site so we can adorn the bar with pics of the Pln. Please also rack your brains on which Officer you want...Julian Lacey,Ladley..Behagg to attend or if you want it just lads?