Return to Website

My-Malta-dotcom'munty Forum

My-Malta-dotcom'munty Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Valletta and Zammit family

I'm trying to find out about my grandmothers family that were born in Malta. Im going to give you the fathers name and mother name along with their birth dates etc . I'm trying to get info on both mother and father.

My grandmother was Rita Valletta born in Michigan USA

Her parents were
Giovanni Valletta and Rose zammit

Giovanni was born Jan 24, 1895 in casual curmi/ qormi Malta to a S. Valletta I believe and mothers name was maybe Catherine. Not 100% sure if those are his parents or not but if I'm reading the documents right than it is.

Giovanni ( John) died august 23,1936 in Detroit Michigan.

Rose was born aug 4,1894 in Malta to an Anthony Zammit? and mother ?.
Rose died December 20,1956 in Detroit Michigan.

Giovanni and rose were married in 1919 from what I see on documents from Malta which I can not read. They had a son Carmel ( Charles) born dec 26,1920 curmi  ( barracche no. 16) Malta. sponsors names salvator and Catherine his wife noted on baptism register at st georges parish in curmi Malta.

When they arrived in the USA Michigan they came to Detroit and had other children
Rita, George,Nazereno, Joseph and Sam frank.

I also have a cert of death of a Catherine Valletta.. I'm thinking maybe it was giovanni's
mother but not certain. But it reads
Catherine Valletta
Parents name&surname:  John Mary Zammit & Giovannia Debono ?
Age 81 died may 11,1948 in qormi Malta barrakki no.18
Burial in qormi cem grave no 24
Register from St. George parish qormi

I do have marriage documents and baptism documents on Giovanni and rose but I can not read Maltese.