General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Turner should return next year

After yesterday's thrilling win against Indiana, I have come to the conclusion that Ron Turner should remain Head Coach of the Illini. Consider the following:

1. With a win over NW, we will finish the season with four wins, and a few closely fought games against top 25 opponents. With a few breaks we could have made a bowl game.

2. Ron is highly respected by the high school coaches and recruiting is sure to improve after this season.

3. Ron has shown that he bleeds orange and blue and should be rewarded for his loyalty.

Re: Turner should return next year

Hell no the illini are going to win against NW! Especially since we are at NW, have you seen them at home !?! They are fourth in the big ten and are showing no signs of slowing down.
Hats off to the illini for a well fought victory against Indiana, but turner is out-of-touch with the team and the university. We love a loyal coach, but if he can't put 'W's next to opponents names in the record books, he's not doing his job.

Are you nuts? Loyal to the Orange & Blue? The only thing Turner cares about is himself. He knows that if he's bought out, he and his family will have over $2 million in the bank, and he can join his brother in Oakland, where they'll be fired together next season by Al Davis. He was a bad hire in '97, let recruiting slip when he was going to bolt for Stanford in '01, only to be shocked when Guenther matched their offer. Why RG is so loyal to Turner is beyond me. But, the end is near, my friends. Guenther will be committing "career suicide" if he tries to keep RT for another year. I think the Board of Trustees will put the clamps on RG's ******* and crush 'em if he doesn't fire Turner. And, for you fans of Champaign Centennial football: I think someone else can quarterback that team next Fall besides Turner's kid. He's not that good!!!

I really don't think I can take much more of this "close game" bs. Other teams don't take us seriously, that’s why were in so many games. I know life is much larger then football, and I hate to be one sided on in this situation. I understand he is a very nice man, however, this very nice man is getting paid a very nice sum, and he has very nicely preformed far below par. I am a sophomore here, and I would have loved to become a part of a winning football tradition, I feel that if turner is around next year, that does not going happen.

You people know absolutely nothing about football. Turner's pro-style offense is clearly one of the most advanced in the country. As soon as the kids learn the program, this team will be a National Title contender.

Also, Ron's son is going well as quarterback. I'd love to see him leading the Orange & Blue with his father still on the sidelines.

Brumby you ignorant slut. Shut the fux up while we still rate you as a dumbazz.*hint*You may be promoted to Imperial Clusterfux!