Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: FROM PETER FORD

This night I cry

John

Myself & my family are very saddened to hear this news! Your father was & will always be a great man who has brought years of enjoyment to many generations & those times will live on for many generations more.
We thank him & wish you & your family well.
We do hope you will allow this website to continue on for his fans to continue to honor him.

I have not been so saddened by a passing since Jimmy Stewart 9 years ago -- both classy gentlemen from a classier era. Prayers to the Ford family. Mr. Ford was admired and loved by countless numbers for whom he gave such pleasure and touched their lives and called them to their better selves. His life journey was full and "gallant." Rest in peace, Glenn Ford.

I know I already sent a message expressing my feelings for your father, but that just isn't enough. A while back I had asked for a way to get into contact with Glenn and I recieved a writing address. For the past couple of years I have tried to write letters to him, but didn't send any of them because none of 'em seemed good enough. That is my biggest regret. Now I wish I could go back in time. Like someone else wrote I never had the chance to meet him, but just knowing that he was out there somewhere made me so happy and made me feel good. Another legend passed, but never forgotten.

Stephanie
Denver, Co

I am so sorry for your loss. I know you are probably tired of reading all these messages. However your father was so loved by so many it is very hard to express. I just wanted to say He was always my favorite. I have never sent messages or birthday wishes to any other star. or performer. He was very special. but you already know that.
Sincerely
Dorothy Fletchinger

Thank you so much for keeping everybody
informed what happened last night.

I still cannot believe, that Glenn Ford is
gone and I heard it this morning during a
telephone call with my ex-husband in Germany.
He told me a few details, and I was shocked.

Tears are still in my eyes in memories of
this wonderful actor and human being.

I hope, that the glennfordwebsite will continue
to give all people the opportunity to learn
more details about Glenn's life.

My best to everyone out there.

Judith F.

Re: Re: FROM PETER FORD

I just wanted to say that I watched Mr. Ford with my dad (his favorite actor) and I learned to appreciate good movies and time with dad because of it. My dad passed away 6 years ago... today, I'm reminded of those times and I'm remembering my Pop right now.

I'm sorry for your loss... I certainly understand how you must be feeling at the present time. God Bless.

We should prepare a large memory card
to Glenn, that everybody can sign this
card after the death of a wonderful actor,
who deserve it.

Any ideas?

Re: Re: FROM PETER FORD

Well in a way these messages are a large condolence card,but I have known of people creating a webpage online for people to leave messages on(for example a free message board or guestbook)then perhaps someone could print them all off-send them in a card to an address that would reach his family?

It's just so hard to beleive your dad is gone. Thank you for letting us know that he went peacefully and that his family was with him when he went.

I just feel so sad for you and your family, for Judy, and for Barbara. Well I guess I could say for all of us who loved him so much...even if only from afar.

How wonderful that he got that tribute on his 90th birthday and knew that you were writing a book about him. I'm sure you gave him a chance to do a lot of reminiscing as you got info for the book.
Bless his heart, he will be missed.

I spent the weekend watching the movies of
Glenn Ford. I'm so glad I had the sense to video tape them years ago. God Bless Glenn Ford. He certainly shared his great gift of acting with us. I would like to send a Mass Card to the Ford Family. Is there an address I can send it to?
My deepest sympathies for your lost. Thank you for sharing your father with us.
Ellen