General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Glenn Ford RFD

I just finished reading "Glenn Ford RFD" yesterday. It was a terrific book and I finished it in one sitting. I couldn't put it down. After that I gave it to my friend Pat and she finished reading it last night. We both enjoyed the stories very much.
I'll never have a drink of wine again without thinking I'm drinking "imported coke".

My deepest sympathy to you Peter and your family. He was a great actor and from all your accounts a terrific dad. Thanks for sharing him with us on this website. Keep up the good work.
Trish from Canada

Re: Glenn Ford RFD

I enjoyed that book very much too. It was refreshing that he didn't write a book filled with Hollywood gossip which just tears people down. He used the opportunity just to talk about his passions (Peter and his garden). It really shows that he had a lot more substance than a lot of the current residents of Tinsletown.

Others on this site have already described how I feel. I never had any hopes of meeting him but it made me feel good to know that he was still sitting in a living room somewhere watching TCM just like I was. We should all take comfort in the fact that at least whatever suffering he had to endure in his later years is now over. He can rest in peace in the comforts of Heaven with Rita Hayworth, William Holden, Edgar Buchanan, Judy Garland, and his parents! May God give him all of His best.

Peg

Re: Re: Glenn Ford RFD

Hi Peg,

As you know, I have that book, too. I'll always remember the story about the chickens, too. Also, the one with Glenn in the tree with a shotgun during the night waiting for that gray wolf.

best,

Desiree