General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Onlne Memories of Glenn Ford

A few of us who originally were part of this forum back in 2000 or 2001 were lucky enough to have been able to have several phone calls with none other than Glenn Ford through the internet via Pal Talk arranged through Barbara. It was a real thrill to hear Glenn's voice. On another ocassion, I happen to be on the internet when Glenn, and his caretaker, Judy, happen to be online and we were able to have an online chat with Glenn. It was a short one but I still have the message exchange on my old pc. It was just a real thrill to be able to communicate with my all-time favorite actor.

I think that Glenn enjoyed keeping in touch with his friends and fans via the internet or online. It was exciting being part of a return of Glenn Ford via the internet. He was online, his son kept us up-to-date, a book was forthcoming, Glenn's name and image was suddenly appearing on magazines, film screenings, TCM and the internet again and we all wanted him to get the lifetime achievement award, etc. It was an exciting time thanks to Peter, Barbara and Judy. I would like to send my condolences to Judy and my heartfelt thanks to her for taking care of Glenn all these years.

I also wanted to say that Anne Martel, the original and former webmaster of Glenn Ford website, "A Classic Hollywood Leading Man," was the first one to launch a comprehensive site honorng Glenn Ford in 1996, sends her condolences to the Peter Ford & Family, friends and his fans. Anne is fighting cancer and is unable to get online and is greatly sadden by Mr. Ford's passing and wanted me to communicate this when I spoke to her.

Your Fellow Ford Fan,

Elissa
http://www.glennfordsite.com

Re: Onlne Memories of Glenn Ford

Elissa

First I am so sorry to hear about Anne. I hope she wins her fight. If you happen to be in touch with her please give her my regards...

And then, I have to say, you are right...it was so thrilling to be able to speak to Glenn and to each other. What an amazing thing the internet is. It was so fun to post a message to Glenn and have him answer back. And do you remember the little cat fights over him? I'm sure he must have enjoyed the ladies vying for his attention. I surely hope it gave him a smile, bless his heart.
Also the map Barbara provided so that we could let him know where we all were from. He made a little joke about being pushed into the ocean because it was so crowded in the area he had posted on the map.

Take care Elissa
Noreen