General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re.: New Photos of the Ford Family

Hi Judith,

There were plenty of photos from the May birthday celebration at links under yahoo. I think I may have even posted a note with that link. The webmaster, Barbara also gave plenty of links with all the details about the event, and I went through each of those as well, right down to the guest list. There were reporters writing articles as well. Also, Army Archerd was one of the people in Glenn's home and visited him and wrote an article and a follow-up and posted it at his site.

So, when you say you are frustrated about lack of info in the US, I disagree.

Regards,

Desiree

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re.: New Photos of the Ford Family

Good Evening Desiree,

I saw the article from Army Archerd incl. the
photo of Glenn and a report.
I never saw a birthday photo of Glenn's family,
they just mentioned how many people celebrated
the new version of GILDA.

Thank you for keep me posted.

Best Regards,

JFS.

PS.: I have to say, that all major newspapers
in Germany, Italy, Great Britain, Poland
and Russia came up with biographies and
movies on tv with Glenn Ford.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re.: New Photos of the Ford Family

Hi Judith,

Yes, Glenn was so well known around the world as we see from these posts, that I have no doubt his movies are shown, and there were articles about him. I have relatives in Germany who emailed me on the movies being run and what was in the news. This site was also receiving posts of condolences from around the world as well as the guest book at the link Barbara gave. He was covered everywhere !

The good thing is that Glenn did know about this ! He knew about the support he had world wide. So, even though the establishment didn't honor him, his fans did, and I'm sure that meant the world to him. So, we can rest assured that Glenn did know how much fans world wide appreciated him, his work in film, his humanitarian work, and his military service.

Regards,

Desiree

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re.: New Photos of the Ford Family

Hello Desiree,

yes, Glenn was not a Hollywood person, also
a reason for getting not an Academy Award.
And we also know that with his 90. birthday
most was an act of selling tickets and making
money with a new version of "Gilda".
This thing alone is saying everything.

By the way, you can sign into a guestbook for Glenn
at findagrave.com, if you are interested?
And there are also non virtual poems and flowers
you can leave for free.
This is a really great idea to thank this actor
and in rememberance of him?

I hope, you will agree?

I am always happy to give people more information
that they can follow up.

JFS

PS.: I want to metion that there is one more actor
from the good old days alive - Richard Widmark.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re.: New Photos of the Ford Family

Hi Judith,

Thanks, yes, I know about the findagrave site. Yes, along with Widmark, there's Ernie Borgnine who will be age 90 in January. Van Johnson just turned 90 a few weeks ago. Kirk Douglas will be 90 in December. Looks like a big year for turning 90 !

Regards,

Desiree

Re: Re: Re.: New Photos of the Ford Family

Hi Brenda,

I saved info found online from Glenn's birthday celebration in May. If you want to email me separately, I'll dig out the info and send it to your email address.

Regards,

Desiree

Re: Re.: New Photos of the Ford Family

These posts get deleted to make room for others so you may want to repost the link again. I checked the birthday celebration website and I only see names of attendees, sales of tickets, not any pictures of the celebration, which is what I was looking for.

I heard there was a video that showed Glenn thanking everybody for attending but again the website just shows the selling of the tickets and the names of those who attended. When I first heard that Glenn was supposed to attend the 90th Birthday, I already knew it was strictly publicity and that he wouldn't be there. I live in San Francisco and would have made the trip, but what was the point. Glenn was who everybody wanted to see just the way he was and we would loved him just for that.

He gave it all he could and unfortunately, for us fans, we didn't get to see him make his last bow -- that would have been the ultimate treat and nobody today could do this on his behalf now. It just wouldn't be the same or even feel the same. It's a shame. Glenn Ford was the last of the silver screen stars/cowboys. The few that are left retired long ago and are more forgotten than he was and unfortunately that's Hollywood and its politics.

Re: Re: Re.: New Photos of the Ford Family

Once again, you said it all, Brenda. That's it. Politics in Hollywood. I don't have the link, and I doubt Yahoo still would have them there anyway. What I did was save the pics to my PC. I can email them to your address if you want. You know how to reach me above.

Regards,

Desiree