General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re.: New Photos of the Ford Family

These posts get deleted to make room for others so you may want to repost the link again. I checked the birthday celebration website and I only see names of attendees, sales of tickets, not any pictures of the celebration, which is what I was looking for.

I heard there was a video that showed Glenn thanking everybody for attending but again the website just shows the selling of the tickets and the names of those who attended. When I first heard that Glenn was supposed to attend the 90th Birthday, I already knew it was strictly publicity and that he wouldn't be there. I live in San Francisco and would have made the trip, but what was the point. Glenn was who everybody wanted to see just the way he was and we would loved him just for that.

He gave it all he could and unfortunately, for us fans, we didn't get to see him make his last bow -- that would have been the ultimate treat and nobody today could do this on his behalf now. It just wouldn't be the same or even feel the same. It's a shame. Glenn Ford was the last of the silver screen stars/cowboys. The few that are left retired long ago and are more forgotten than he was and unfortunately that's Hollywood and its politics.

Re: Re: Re.: New Photos of the Ford Family

Once again, you said it all, Brenda. That's it. Politics in Hollywood. I don't have the link, and I doubt Yahoo still would have them there anyway. What I did was save the pics to my PC. I can email them to your address if you want. You know how to reach me above.

Regards,

Desiree