General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Glenn's last televised interview

According to IMDB, Mr Ford was interviewed in 2001 for an AFI documentary. Was he really interviewed? I was under the impression that since the early to mid-nineties, Glenn's stroke had meant that televised interviews were out of the question. If anybody has seen this documentary, I'd be intrigued to hear about Glenn's role in it.

Many Thanks
Simon

Re: Glenn's last televised interview

Hi Simon
I checked IMDb hoping that I had somehow overlooked this before. What that refers to is the AFI documentary that was on tv called "100 Thrills: America's Most Heart Pounding Movies". This would probably have included a line or two from Glenn regarding one of his movies (that they could have taken from an old interview). AFI has done several other specials like 100 Funniest Movies, 100 Favorite Actors etc. I've seen a few of them and they usually start with the 100 and work up to the number 1 pick for funniest, most dramatic, etc. depending on the type of movie they are talking about.
Hope this helps, and I'm sorry you weren't right, it would have been great if they had sat down and done an interview with Glenn about his movies! Guess we'll have to be patient and wait for the biography to come out!

Re: Re: Glenn's last televised interview

Many thanks!

I find it more likely that they took it from an archived interview like you said. Its such a shame that Mr Ford was no longer able to give live interviews in recent years because his input to the film industry was massive.

Re: Re: Re: Glenn's last televised interview

I agree.
Just think if he had been able to do the commentary on some of his movies that have come out on DVD how great that would have been.
I'd give anything to hear him talk about GILDA and what went on behind the scenes, or 3:10 TO YUMA, or COWBOY...especially if they had Jack Lemmon AND him to comment on the movie!
Ah well....as I said earlier, hopefully SOMEDAY we'll get to read his biography.