General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Former colleague and co-star BRUCE BENNETT

Hi Fans,
sad to hear that Glenn`s former colleague,BRUCE BENNETT had died at nearly 101 years.I don`t know if they had ever some scenes together but Mr. Bennett played in some of Glenn`s early movies: MY SON IS GUILTY 1939,CONVICTED WOMAN 1940,BABIES FOR SALE 1940,A STOLEN LIFE 1946 and THE DOCTOR AND THE GIRL 1949.Quinlan`s Film Stars Book and Halliwell`s Who`s Who Book listed Mr.Bennett`s birth year as 1909 and not 1906 as the news have reported.I only know another actor in Hollywood who`s this age,CHARLES LANE.He`s still alive but his birth year also is different in the books:Quinlan`s Film character actors book listed him as 1899 born(if this is true,he will be amazing 108 this year)and Halliwell`s Who`s Who gives the year 1905 as birth;then he will be 102 years this year.
Regards,Frank.

Re: Former colleague and co-star BRUCE BENNETT

Hi Frank,

Yes, Glenn did have scenes with Bruce Bennett in those earlier movies. I have all those on DVD, and I remember Mr. Bennett as Jack Talbot in "A Stolen Life", and also remember him as another one of the doctors at the hospital in "The Doctor and the Girl". I'll bet he was with Glenn in scenes in the other movies, too, but I'd have to think more to remember.

Regards,

Desiree