General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Glenn Remembered Always

August 30th is the first anniversary of Glenn's passing. I know I think about him often and enjoy the DVDs of all his movies. Even when I see his movies listed in the schedule on TCM or AMC or Encore Westerns or other networks, if I'm around, I'll turn them on. They are timeless.

Glenn's films can be enjoyed over and over again, and when you watch them again, you see some different nuance in his acting that you missed the previous time. It could be some gesture with his hands, some expression in his face, some casual movement, a look in his eyes.

There's one thing you never miss the first time around, and that's the twinkle in his eyes and the beautiful smile that lights up his face. You never get tired of seeing it either.

On this first anniversary, we remember Glenn Ford fondly. We remember the principled characters he played, his strength, his presence, his voice, his manner, his nature, the man and the actor that we know and love.

Regards,

Desiree

Re: Glenn Remembered Always

Desiree,

thank you for the great remarks - all this is so true.
We will never find/have another actor like Glenn Ford.

I appreciate your note to his first Anniversary.

Judith F.

Re: Glenn Remembered Always

Hi Desiree, Beautiful sentiments!!! I too always notice something different in Glenn's movies. Having been raised with and always having horses I was always impressed with Glenn's horsemanship. But him having learned from Will Rogers, makes it understandable. Love those westerns!!!!