General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Favorite Glenn Scenes

Hi Everyone,

I too am sad that this message board doesn't seem as active. Let's stir things up with a question. What are some of your favorite scenes of Glenn's? Please name the movie and describe the scene.

One of mine is in "The Violent Men" (1955) when Glenn goes into a bar and asks the leader of a bunch of thugs to tell him who killed one of Glenn's friends. The guy laughs at Glenn and Glenn slaps him. Then, Glenn draws a gun on him before the guy can react. It proves that you should never underestimate an underdog -- which Glenn seems to be at the beginning of the scene but we all know that he never really was!

Another one of my favorite scenes is totally different from the last one I mentioned. It was in "The Teahouse of the August Moon" (1956). It was when a Japanese Geisha girl tries to undress Glenn and he tries to stop her. It is hilarious. It proves that Glenn could handle any kind of scene. This one was very physical but VERY funny.

Another great scene from "Teahouse" was in the beginning when Paul Ford was interviewing Glenn about his military record. Glenn was great as usual. (Paul Ford was wonderful too.) He had a great line which was, "I've come to a state of gracious acceptance somewhere between my ambitions and my limitations." That was a great movie.

What are your favorite scenes?

Take care,

Peg Z.

Re: Favorite Glenn Scenes

I liked the last scene in The Violent Men, where John (Glenn) tells Judith (Dianne Foster) "Your father once told me that he would end up with my ranch!!" A very good western and a great cast, especially well cast 'villains'.

Trooper Mike