General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The Man From the Alamo

Hi,Trooper Mike,
Sorry to take so long in replying to you I have not visited the site since my last contribution.I did enjoy the new version of '3.10 to Yuma'but prefered the old one,I felt Glenn Ford psyched out Van Heflin much more effectively than Crowe does with Bale.
By the way did you know that Christian Bale is Welsh like myself,ok that where the similarity ends!Who would have thought we'd have a Welsh cowboy.Ray Milland was another one.
I travelled about 50 miles to

see it as our local cinema (in which I'm a semi retired projectionist)as I'm afraid we won't be screening in our single screen cinema as it has not drawn the crowds in this country like it did in America.It only ran for a week in the multiplex where I saw it.
Best Regards
Eric.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The Man From the Alamo

Hello Eric,
I was afraid the movie was so bad it had 'done you in', when there was no reply (just kidding)!!! I kind of figured it wouldn't be as good as the original (of course we are probably biased). I haven't heard anyone comment on it in our area. I'm not even sure it has played anywhere close. I guess I will wait for the DVD release, rent it and watch it at home. You are right in saying it would be hard to top Glenn and Van Heflin, they were so suited to their parts.
I am also retired, so I suppose us old retired guys think along the same lines!!! I enjoy your posts, hope we can converse again.
Take Care,
Mike