General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 31 days of summer stars

eric evans
Why on earth TCM does not hold these sort of evenings on their british channel i'll never know.Never mind I viewed 'The Fastest Gun Alive'on video the other night as I do not have a dvd copy,great stuff,even the wife enjoyed it !

Hello Eric, It has been a while since I've seen your name here. I guess I assumed that TCM gave you the same programming as we have here. I'm sure you did enjoy The Fastest Gun Alive. As I've said before, it is one of my favorite Glenn movies and I never tire of it. We talked about the 'new' 3:10 To Yuma when it came out, well I finally got to see it a month or so ago. I agree with your opinion, it isn't even close to being in the same class with the original. Glenn and Van Heflin made those characters their own!!! In my opinion that did not happen in the remake. It is hard to improve upon perfection. It's good to see you back on the board, I enjoy your comments.
Trooper Mike

Hi Trooper Mike,Nice to hear from you again,glad you finally got to see '3.10 To Yuma'As I said before I quite enjoyed the new version,but it's not a patch on the original.
I spent a night in Yuma when we were on holiday in 1990.Have you seen the film 'Plunder Of The Sun'? I don't think I have, & I've just noticed it's now available on dvd here in the UK.I've seen the trailer and I'm going to purchase it,but I'll probably have to buy it on line as I have not seen it stocked in any dvd store.
Best Regards,
Eric.

Hi Eric,
It's good to talk with you again too!!! Yes, I've seen Plunder Of the Sun and enjoyed it. It became available here in 2006. It is in a '4 pack' with 3 other titles, Track of the Cat, Ring of Fear, and Man in the Vault. Although not a 'Glenn film', I enjoyed Track of the Cat with Robert Mitchum very much. I saw it at the theater in 1955 and am glad it was included in the set. It is a color film with the primary colors being black & white!!! I don't know if your release will be like here, with the 4 films, but I'm sure you will enjoy the above mentioned 2. It seems hard to get a quality western these days, so I guess we'll just have to stick with the old standbys. Hope you find Plunder of the Sun and get your copy ordered.
My Best To You,
Mike

Hi Trooper Mike,
Just seen your reply as we've been on our hols,I don't think that 'Plunder Of The Sun'comes in a pack here in the uk.
I did look for it when I was away in the south of England,but no joy I'm afraid,so I'll have to order it on line. TCM are screening 'The Americano'this week but I already have that one.I saw a new western last year called 'Seraphin Falls' with Pierce Brosnan & Liam Neeson' and have since bought it on dvd,It's very good,a bit unusual I guess.
Keep well
Eric.
PS.'Apaloosa' is also worth a look,a real old fashioned western with the excellent Ed Harris.

Hi Eric,
I tried your email link, but the message was returned. Is your address current?
Trooper Mike