Danceclassics.net Soul/Funk Forum

The discussion center for 80`s Soul & Funk lovers. Post freely about the Music, Record Trading, MP3, Background Information etc. etc. Get in touch with other musiclovers and share your thoughts. Enjoy the forum and keep it funky!

Danceclassics.net Soul/Funk Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Funk with vocoders/Talk boxes

When I first found this site there was a discussion that caught my interest. Since there is alot of funk jams with vocoders used which I still dont know the artist or even the track name, can anybody list all they know? I have a pretty good knowledge but sometimes you can be surprised when you are so focused getting deeper into rarities that you tend to overlook others. The point is there is many funk jams with vocoders Im still looking for, thanks. Heres an example of what I know: IZ Army, BB&Q Band, Fredi Grace, Videeo, BT Express, Collage, Kiddo, General Caine, Klique etc.

Re: Funk with vocoders/Talk boxes

Hi Erik, here's a selection of vocoder funk you might like:

Zest - Hot tasty love
Kadenza - Let's do it
Geno Jordan - You're a peachtree freak
Thundder - Moove everything you got
Carl Ray - Girl so fine
Home Boy & The C.O.L. - Money's Funny
Karavan - The funk is gonna get you yet
Active Force - Keep on rockin'
Antoniou - Sound on sound
Zinga - Calling Mr. T
Bernard Wright - Funky Beat
Sun - Fallout on the dancefloor
Con Funk Shun - Bad Lady
Kleeer - Tonight
Ritchie Family - All night all right
Michael Henderson - You wouldn't have to work at all
The Strangers - Stimulation
Dazz Band - Joystick
Armenta & Majik - I wanna be with you
One Way - Mr. Groove
Dwayne Omarr - This party's jam packed
The Earons - Video Baby
Maggabrain - New Wavin'
Serena - Get your body up
Glass - Getty Up
The System - Sweat
Little Tony Marsh - Video Burn Out
Maurice Starr - Spacy Lady
Richard Jon Smith - Baby's got another
Shakatak - Toot the shoot
World Entity - Found that love

Cheers
FunkEd

Thank you very much for your help I discovered 6 songs from your list. There is one in particular I cant find. My cousin had it on tape. It was mid tempo with synth bass, hand claps and the entire song was done with a vocoder, no real vocals or harmonies. The guitar was almost in a "More Bounce to the Ounce" or "strutt My Thang" fashion. I always thought it was BT Express because the tape had 2 songs from each artist recorded together. "The Bus", "Girls", "Take it to the Limit", "You can Feel the Groove", "Whats Your Name", "Sexy", "Stretch" and then that song. Wish I had a sample at least.

I just want to thank to share your information
shareitforpcs