Royal City Bowmen

Please feel free to join the message forum discussions.

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Would love to join

Hello,

My name is Kevin Desir and I'm looking to pursue my interest in archery. I have little experience so far, but I have taken lessons very recently. I had one lesson at Casa Loma with Sean Adams and have so far taken 3 classes at Shooter's Choice in Waterloo. I've started to love archery the first time I picked up a bow and I very much want to continue, as I am now unable to continue lessons at Shooter's Choice.

I currently live in Guelph so the range is not too far for me, however I do not have a car, which is why I'm unable to keep going to Waterloo (lost my ride out there) and your range is not on a bus route. While I'm very much interested in joining, it would be dependent on whether I could carpool with one of your existing members. I realise that this may be asking quite a bit as I am totally unknown to you all and I do not want to overstep my bounds, but from the website I get the sense that your club is more of a community of people with a common interest. This is a community I'd like to become acquainted with and contribute to. Hopefully, it will not be too much to ask after I become acquainted with some of the members, but please do not take this request as anything more than my eagerness to join.

If it is too much to ask that I carpool, I may be able to make alternative arrangements, however it is not likely. I've spent only about a month practicing archery on a weekly basis and it's the number 1 thing I think about these days. I enjoy the challenge of improving my precision and accuracy and I'd love to practice more, if I could. It won't break my heart if I'm unble to make it out to your club, but it would be nice to be able to shoot close to home and to have at least a couple of friends who I can share my interest with.

I've noticed that posts here sometimes go months without responses, so I'll be patient. Hopefully I'll get a response or a car in the meantime. :)

Until then, take care, and happy shooting!

Thanks for taking the time to read my post.

-Kevin D