Black Bed Sheet Books

Black Bed Sheet Books
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
MUFFIN MAN

Here's a place where we welcome any comments about Nick's Muffin Man short film....the link's on the BBS home page if you haven't seen it yet. Otherwise, I'm posting it here for your viewing pleasure. Mind you, it's from 1988 and was filmed in cheap video.

Re: MUFFIN MAN

Saw muffin man right after the last time we spoke. I'm actually amazed at how the plot hangs together! No doubt a tribute to your narrative skill, as I have gone on to make two films since that time, both of which are considerably more sprawling and nonsensical. It was great to revisit the vanished world of the 80's. You do realize, however, that it was made in 1985, not 1988. Also, I believe I have the original tapes down in Anaheim, if you want to make a clearer version, though who knows, that house now is like the tomb of Rameses. Anyway, your voice-overs and incidental music really made it more cohesive. Also, the towering muffin shots helped, and I loved the nightmare sequence phantasmagoria with the burger dictator and the clay apes. Anyway, thank you for recussitating this gem, it was thrilling to see.
- Kyle

Re: MUFFIN MAN

Your Muffin Man is way awesome, dude. Thumbs up for brightning my day. I've seen big hollywood movies that really sucked and you spent nothing and made a good one I enjoyed. Do you know this muffin? Is it a friend of yours??? kudos.