Welcome to Chris Lawford Message Board

This message board is run with the website cklawford.com

Welcome to Chris Lawford Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: HCV Treatment

I was on a Phase III clinical trial, virimadine & Pegasys, the Pegasys was the pre-filled syringes and a small needle, I had no problems with the shots, needles dont scare me ... lol

What type/stage/grade are you?? Don't be too anxious about tx.. it was really not that bad for me (maybe because it wasnt working? i have heard if its horrible, its working... ) headaches, bodyaches & irritability mostly, I managed to continue working full time all through treatment.

I hate needles, that's why I quit getting allergy shots after six years.

I'm genotype 1A at stage 2 with moderate scarring. A week ago I had more blood tests & the numbers shot up from 20 billion to over 60 billion. But my PA said don't worry about the numbers... so I'm trying!

I do not know how you managed to continue working full time all through treatment. I'm going to take a short-term disability through the summer... might as well make my insurance pay something! Did it not work? Are you going to try the chemo shots 3 times a week? That's what they said I'd have to do if I cannot handle the interferon & ribaviron. I'm strong... I know I'll make it!

Looking forward to talking with you again. Peace to you Patti

no, it didnt work for me... i was on a clinical trial it was pegasys and something called virimadine which is like riba but less chance of anemia with it. I have heard that its not as effective as the riba so maybe I will try the standard tx if my liver damage gets any worse. I am 'untypeable'; I had 4-5 genotype tests and they all came back unable to determine, so I was treated as type one, biop showed stage 2/grade 2 damage which is amazing considering all the drugs and drinking i have done in my life

when i met chris in philly i told him that finding out I had hep c pretty much saved my life because i finally had a good reason to stop drinking... be careful what you wish for right????!! lol i got tested because i just had a feeling something was wrong and dam if i wasnt right ...

Man Patti, sounds like you're really been through the ringer with this one. Sorry it's been so hard for you.

I was released from my cardiologist this week, but will have to wear a heart monitor for 24-hours, because my heart is "mis-firing". No big deal, just gotta love family DNA/genetics.

I see my PA on Tuesday for another shot teaching session. The Peg-Inferon needle is too large & bulky for me to use, so I've decided to go the Pegassys route. The needle is much smaller, but only comes in 3 levels of med doses. Hope it works. Not sure when my treatment starts, maybe this Friday or the next.

Just got my script for a movie I'm involved in. It's called "Darkness Aftermath Report". It's a sci-fi thriller set in the future. My character is Elder Stall... one of the "ancients". Let me know if you want the blog address.

Keep me posted on how you're doing. Talk to you later. Peace & happiness to you...

Copy & paste into your browser:

http://darknessaftermathreport.blogspot.com/

It's a very cool story, hope you enjoy.
Susie

Thanks for the link, I will check it out. I have always wanted to write a screenplay... based on my insane life ... but, its already been done, you know???

lol

Did you start treatment yet? How is it going? You can email me if you want.

Hi Patti,

I received my meds today & planning on starting tomorrow night. A wee bit scared, but I figure the sooner I start the sooner I'm done. 48 weeks is not a lifetime, hope it does not feel like one. Amber will be home with me, really hope it's not too heavy for her, but I have no one else & I certainly do not want to do this alone.

My first shoot is tomorrow morning. The weather is finally beautiful, no more snow! I have 29 pages of script with more lines than first planned, but that's cool. Should be fun.

How are you doing? Will you start meds again? Would enjoy reading your screenplay. Life is a trip, never know where it's heading, no matter what your "plans" are...

Take it easy & keep in touch...

Started my shots & not liking the side effects of it or the Ribavirin. I've been able to control the pain with 600 mg Ibuprofen twice a day, but because of ulcers, I've had to add a second stomach med. Sleeping has proven to be useless unless I take Rozerem each night. Cheese crackers with peanut butter have helped the nausea. The hardest thing is giving myself injections! I do not have much fat to pinch to inject myself & am totally freaked about injecting in my stomach area. Tonight I give myself the third injection & am so not looking forward to that! My end of treatment is slated for 4/20/2008, I am looking forward to that! My daughter just informed me that 4/20 is national pot smoking day. If I smoked I guess I'd celebrate with a doobie... Susie

hi susie, sorry to hear about the stomach problems with tx, that was my main problem also, and its the riba not the interfuron i think... make sure you dont take it on empty stomach, a bagel and cream cheese worked for me in the a.m.

also, smoking weed helps ALOT, with the nausea, leg cramps, headaches, irritability, etc...

good luck, hang in there...

Thx Patti, I'm hanging in there. It's very nice to have your support! How are things with you? It's been pretty hard to keep up with work. I get so very exhausted, etc. Not a lot of fun, but at least the injections are going easier. I started giving them in my abdomen & it seems to be not as painful, except for the bruising. I've been fighting brochitis with a Z-pac and Singulair. It's pretty crazy how easy it is to get sick or how long it takes to heal. Treatment has been one month & one week, so far all the numbers from the blood work is ok... YEAH! Patti, you hang in there & take it easy.