Welcome to Chris Lawford Message Board

This message board is run with the website cklawford.com

Welcome to Chris Lawford Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: HCV Treatment

Started my shots & not liking the side effects of it or the Ribavirin. I've been able to control the pain with 600 mg Ibuprofen twice a day, but because of ulcers, I've had to add a second stomach med. Sleeping has proven to be useless unless I take Rozerem each night. Cheese crackers with peanut butter have helped the nausea. The hardest thing is giving myself injections! I do not have much fat to pinch to inject myself & am totally freaked about injecting in my stomach area. Tonight I give myself the third injection & am so not looking forward to that! My end of treatment is slated for 4/20/2008, I am looking forward to that! My daughter just informed me that 4/20 is national pot smoking day. If I smoked I guess I'd celebrate with a doobie... Susie

hi susie, sorry to hear about the stomach problems with tx, that was my main problem also, and its the riba not the interfuron i think... make sure you dont take it on empty stomach, a bagel and cream cheese worked for me in the a.m.

also, smoking weed helps ALOT, with the nausea, leg cramps, headaches, irritability, etc...

good luck, hang in there...

Thx Patti, I'm hanging in there. It's very nice to have your support! How are things with you? It's been pretty hard to keep up with work. I get so very exhausted, etc. Not a lot of fun, but at least the injections are going easier. I started giving them in my abdomen & it seems to be not as painful, except for the bruising. I've been fighting brochitis with a Z-pac and Singulair. It's pretty crazy how easy it is to get sick or how long it takes to heal. Treatment has been one month & one week, so far all the numbers from the blood work is ok... YEAH! Patti, you hang in there & take it easy.