Return to Website

Behind Closed Doors Ministries

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Everybody has a story to tell

Well, as the BCDM phrase goes, "Everyone has a story to tell", but not everyone has a place to share their story.

So if you would like to share your story with others - what you've been through, what/who helped you - then this discussion topic is a place for you to do that.

DISCUSSION GUIDELINES - READ BEFORE POSTING TO THIS TOPIC

1. As well as the Facebook terms and conditions for contributing to a discussion topic, the following are also required.

2. For legal reasons and as a courtesy - if there are other people involved in your story, ask permission from them first before you include them in your story. Try to avoid using their name even if you do have their permission to do so.

3. Use "I" statements - Speak from your own perspective and experience (i.e. I believe... I feel... From my own experience, I learnt...) etc.

3. Be respectful to all those reading your story - keep it 'clean' and fairly non-specific in detail. The following content will not be tolerated, and the story/comment will be deleted:
*** Discriminatory or inflamatory language of any form (racism, ageism, etc)
*** All kinds of abuse or bullying towards another person
*** Graphic content regarding sexual or violent activities and themes
*** Blatant defamation/slander/gossip about another person, organization or entity
*** Judging, criticizing, dishonouring or disrespecting another person's story or comment.

4a. If you would like or would be okay with others commenting on your story, please end your story with "Permission for comments".

4b. If you would not like people to comment on your story, please end your story with "No permission for comments"

THESE GUIDLINES MAY BE MODIFIED WITHOUT NOTICE

Lastly, I would like to say what a privilege it is to read your stories and thankyou so much for honouring me and others with it. I hope you will be blessed in sharing and reading other's stories as I have been.