Frodos dialogue

9 Foreyule

weather:

Cold and damp

events:

Singing lessons and dinner

thoughts:

Restless and straying
Had a strange feeling af unexplained restlessness come over me today. I found myself wandering in the woods once again. I became so deep in thought that I quite lost track of the time and it was late afternoon before I started back to Bag End. It was fortunate that I came to myself when I did, for I remebered that I had a Snging lesson scheduled with Sparrow Singswell. I had to hurry to get back in time.

Luckily I made with about a half hour or so to spare, so I put on a pot of tea and laid out some seed cakes for refreshment afterwards. Miss Sparrow is not only an accomplished musician and gifted singer, she is also an excellent teacher and very pleasant to look upon, too. I must admit that it can be quite a challenge to keep one's mind on the singing lesson. But Miss Sparrow is quite serious when it comes to music, tolerating no distractions.

After she departed I readied myself for a small dinner party that my cousin Mundee had arranged. Perhaps I shall have even more to set down in my journal after this night's entertainment.