Return to Website

Jaco's Fret-Less Hang!

....where hearts, minds, souls meet and wonder...

Jaco's Fret-Less Hang!

Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
West 4th Street Courts

on my way to the blue note to see ron carter two days ago,my dad and i walked by a basketball court. then my dad says this is where jaco used to play basketball and where his bass was most likely stollen. since i had also read the book i relized that this was the place.
Image hosting by Photobucket

Listening To: Richard Bona

Re: West 4th Street Courts

I was just by there about a week ago and I thought about you... I hadn't been able to visualize the place until i got there. Of course it's kind of sad to see that so many people come to the courts every single day, and maybe a handful of people know it's history. A loved bass player used to play ball in that court... sadly slept there a few nights and the "bass of doom" vanished there. But still there are people like us that know about jaco and what he's done and when we walk past the west 4th street courts we can remember him even better... possibly touch the same gate as he... I also wanted to say that i'm impressed that you would take interest in jazz so fully. You accompany your father to jazz clubs... it just goes to show that there must be more of us young people out there that appreciate jazz music... keep well,and continue to practice the bass. Best wishes Zwelakhe-Duma Bell Le Pere

Listening To: jaco, meshell ndegeocello, jaco, joni mitchell, jaco..............

Thanks Zwelakhe-Duma, great photos! And I am in full agreement, Seradin.

the photo posted
is the 3rd st section of the 4th street courts.
jaco played mostly
in the 4th street section.
there was excessive " wagering "
in the 4th street section.
the guiliani time solution was
to destroy the basketball courts
on 4th street
& replace them with a park.
which is a very beautiful park,
however small it is.

Listening To: Loud neighbors' music