Return to Website

Jaco's Fret-Less Hang!

....where hearts, minds, souls meet and wonder...

Jaco's Fret-Less Hang!

Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wish us luck!

Hi Ingrid and everyone,
many apologies for my lengthy abscence from this board, but I need some good luck!
My band, The Gekko recently entered a competition for a local radio station. The winners will get to support Bon Jovi on Sunday 4th June, and I recieved a phone call yesterday to inform me of our passage into the final 3! We have a "battle" on Tuesday with 2 other bands, and the judges will get to decide who gets to play in the City of Manchester stadium.
I'm a little excited, and I hope you guys and Jaco will be with us on our quest. lol.

(By the way, I'm flying over to NYC to play my last gig with college on 6th-14th July, if anyone wants to meet and talk music then that'd be great, but no drinks I'm afraid, I'm too young under American Law )

Peace and love to one and all.
Tom

Listening To: Rugby game commentary..

Re: Wish us luck!

Dear Tom, though I didn't send you good luck wishes via the forum, you know I support and encourage you, your aspirations, and your inspirations. Whatever you do, perhaps not instantaneously, will have its rewards.

The twins are in NY all the time, and surely they would have hooked up with you, but Felix will be in Italy teaching bass the 18th - 21st of July. Then Julius' and Felix's band, Way Of The Groove, will be performing at a Festival on the 23rd, with perhaps some jamming at same festival on the 22nd. Followed by a couple of gigs around the area.

Best to you, Tom McCooey!

Good luck Tom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ingrid, please give us all a heads up on any NYC area gigs. Thanx!

Mine, and the band's sincerest thanks to you Ingrid, and everyone else. Just a quick note to let you know that we landed the gig! I can't wait!

Peace and love....