Return to Website

Jaco's Fret-Less Hang!

....where hearts, minds, souls meet and wonder...

Jaco's Fret-Less Hang!

Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Jaco/Jimi PARK

The "fight" for a park in Jaco's name continues, please do not stop sending in your views, and support. www.jacopastoriuspark.org Deepest thanks!

Another coincidence? Rather yet another "parallelity"?

Controversy regarding a park in Jimi's name, which would be the first one since his passing:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2002999217_jimi17m.html

http://seattle.bizjournals.com/seattle/stories/2006/05/22/daily10.html

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/editorialsopinion/2003029079_jimied31.html

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/opinion/271635_jimied.asp

Even the more reason we make this happen for Jaco.

Re: Jaco/Jimi PARK

It took Seattle 36 years to honor Jimi this way. Hopefully Oakland Park will have the vision to honor Jaco in half that amount of time.

Re: Jaco/Jimi PARK

I agree. I got the petition and the pens and buttons are great! I love stuff like that. I realize I've been a bit 'off point' in my post thus far, but I want to do a good post, I think on Jaco's writing soon. I guess it's so obvious that he was unique and was so far ahead of his time, that I'm at a loss for things to add, I guess.

Weather Report, still my favorite, even now. It's hard to add much to what Herbie Hancock and Pat Metheny's liner notes to his first solo recording.

It's "inarguable", "auspicious" - wow when did Pat learn to write like that! And the Word of mouth big band. Who has a big band these days, especially one as unique as he was? That's really amazing what he did, isn't it?

I love all the stuff he did on the Joni Mitchell recordings. That's my collection for now, and I have a bit too much music to absorb, including the latest Zawinul and Shorter recordings.

I dislike music critism that is negative, but I understand there is probably some reason they do this. I heard critics say "Joni Mitchell's horrible jazz recordings" once and that's so absurd. It's sad, really and I did hear her get a bit ticked off by being asked the same lame questions one too many times.

Well, Miles Davis seemed to stop listening to them, and had to ask what the critics liked lately. "Mr. Pastorius", I think that's a great tribute on the Amandla recording. I trust his judgement, for sure.

He loved Hendrix too and wasn't afraid to point out that Prince had so much talent it was ridiculous. So, I'll get to that soon. So, anyone reading this that missed my praises among all the other things I posted, which are relevant to any musician, especially, I agree.

Perhaps I feel a bit challenged to write a post about how great Jaco was. It's just so obvious to me, I guess. So, just so you know I'd like to do something right if I'm going to add comments about someone so obviously great. That's the only reason I haven't been that direct.

I think his writing would be a good topic because it's easy to miss that, seeing his playing was so overwhelming. It was nice to read that comment about his 'pen', because it got me to think about that more.

That's another controversy among 'critics' I hear concerning Wayne Shorter. Was he a better player or composer? Both, think!

I can't think of anything Jaco wrote I didn't like from the collection I named, honestly. So, I guess that's what I can say for now.

I don't think I can help, beyond doing the petitions.

I do actually know someone (an aquaintance, really) that was here in the Boston area and recently moved back to Seattle and is a county planner for whatever county that is. I could look him up I guess, but I don't know - people in government are SO busy, but he's so into it. It's his life, making policy and I've talked to him at length.

Seattle, Redmond (high-tech) seem so different, but I don't know for sure and I try not to assume. I could send him an Email and ask what he thought. I can reach so few people these days and I can't get too scattered but I'd like to help in any way I can.

I'm an unknown person, and I like it that way for now. You can become known fairly easily on the web I just found out, by some nice people and the criminals as well buy just buying a lot of hardware, and having good credit.

It seems like you need credentials that I don't really have to be of use, past signing all the petitions, which I've started to do.

I will try to get my contact at Boston EPA (for other reasons) and ask him how bad it is down there. I don't want to hear what they're doing to the everglades, but I do know him a lot better, so I'll ask.

If you can think of anything else I may do that you haven't asked, I could find the time to try. Jaco, Wayne, Zawinul - they are IT for me. The best, seriously.

I feel very challenged to even write anything. So, that's as honest and sincere a compliment as I can say. I'll do all the petitions and I wish you well. I'm sure you know what you're doing down there.

He really deserves that and I think they may get more visitors than they think they will, so I'm sure you're working that part out. I'm not sure what I could write, I assume they mostly COUNT the petetions now, but that is important so I'll get to that asap. And I do think it's important to do that much, because I think they count.

I think you can do it. I'm sure you're showing them the amazing world wide fan base. I think you'd have a good chance of getting some attention, and I'm sure you're busy convincing whoever you need that it may be economically wise to do this for the city.

So, I do know a lot, but I'm not an attorney or a civil engineering manager on superfund. I do seem to be good at connecting people and I know how to be discreet, so who knows?

I'll be sure to keep up with this.

Just know I'll be there when it opens. I wouldn't miss that!

Listening To: Jericho - Jaco w/ Joni Mitchell