Return to Website

Jaco's Fret-Less Hang!

....where hearts, minds, souls meet and wonder...

Jaco's Fret-Less Hang!

Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
To the rookies in NY

Hello dear Orjan,

I have no clue to what happened with your thread, after John Bendy made his post, the whole thing disappeared.

John mentioned the 55 bar, and the fabulous David Binney, amongst others. The address is

55 Christopher St. (Sixth/Seventh Avenue)
212 929-9883
www.55bar.com

Then there is the Zinc Bar, 90 West Houston Street
(corner of La Guardia Place) Greenwich Village
www.zincbar.com
212-477-8337

And Jon mentioned the Iridium I believe, www.iridiumjazzclub.com, Les Paul and his trio every Monday night, and Mingus Big Band every Tuesday night. 212 582 2121

If I forgot something, please repost, thanks!

I recently received the DVD from Modeste of the Jaco Bday Party in 2004, and just finished watching you play Continuum, Orjan, you were so wonderful, what a great night that was, actually that whole long weekend with the two Jeroens, Paul, Neil, and Anya was tremendous, also visiting the grave. Then Melton Mustafa, and Alex Darqui sitting in that night, as well as opening the birthday night with the African all women ensemble... it was quite special, all the way through.

Have a most beautiful time in NY with the family, give them all and yourself a hug from Julius, Felix, and I.

Peace & Harmony!
GBJ

Listening To: Crisis

Re: To the rookies in NY

Hi Ingrid!
What happened was that it ended up as the last post for some reason?

Well anyhow, here we are now just Britt-Inger and me, in NY City. Thank you so much for the tips, and thanks everyone else for responding. Unfortunatly we haven't been to all the clubs, but we saw Fred Weasley at Iridium, Great, and we're gonna try to get to Zinc Bar as well before we leave.
It's been a lot since we arrived and we just have to go back again. This city is BIG, and we'we only seen Manhattan so far!?

You know we got married right? And we ended it by playing "Liberty City"! Walking out of the chappell hand in hand with Britt-Inger to the music of Jaco was.....wow!! Everything in one place!! And now we're going on our honeymoon through Mexico to Hawaii! Should be a blast to see Kauai right?

Wow, I'd really like to see that dvd! Yes what a great time that was, must do it again! I remember every minute !

Thanks again Ingrid and give yourself Julius and Felix A BIG hug back from me and my new wife!

gotta go 60 sec left!!

Peace and Love!!
GBJ

Listening To: firecrackers