Return to Website

Jaco's Fret-Less Hang!

....where hearts, minds, souls meet and wonder...

Jaco's Fret-Less Hang!

Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
greetings from Philly

Hello Ingrid and everyone. I just found this forum and what a great and fun resource! Bravo Ingrid, for helping to continue Jaco's legacy in a positive way. We've heard it all before but he was such an important and progressive artist in the music world. You're very lucky to have been so close to such a creative and inspiring artist.

I'm a casual/part time bass player from Philadelphia and have been playing for 20+ years. Obviously Jaco had a huge impact on me not only in his bass playing but in his approach to the artform of music. I think his talents went way beyond the bass, evidenced in his writing and arrangements. I recently bought the early years CD and what a fascinating listen it is! I have become even more of a fan of Jaco's because of it. I also love the new big band recordings from Peter Graves and the gang - wonderful, wonderful stuff, I'm sure Jaco would approve!

anyway, I just wanted to say hello and thank you.

Larry

Re: greetings from Philly

Hello to you, Larry, thanks for supporting Jaco's legacy, and you are right, anyone who knew Jaco is lucky. For me it also goes beyond just the luck.

Jaco often remarked that great talent comes from the Philly area. :o)

Who knows what Jaco would have approved of, and since you like those releases, you might also want to let people know at http://www.jacopastorius.com/interact/discussions/

Thank you again for your kudos,

Ingrid

Listening To: twins jamming