Return to Website

Jaco's Fret-Less Hang!

....where hearts, minds, souls meet and wonder...

Jaco's Fret-Less Hang!

Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
"Forecast: Tomorrow"

YES!!

"There's never been another instrumental band like Weather Report - the icons of fusion jazz who swirled together spacey ambience, exotic global influences, electric rock and funk, mainstream jazz blowing and classical formalism. Still as fresh and vital sounding today as they did 30 years ago, the group's new four-disc box set "Forecast: Tomorrow" (Columbia Legacy) is a must-have for any serious music buff. Packed along with three CDs of career highlights is a never-seen-before DVD capturing the group in concert in 1978, when they were riding the crest of their hugely popular "Heavy Weather" album. To my mind, the video serves as a special testimonial to their late, great fretless bass player, Norristown native Jaco Pastorius - a dynamic style setter just as responsible for the group's success as band leaders Joe Zawinul and Wayne Shorter."

http://www.musictap.net/Reviews/WeatherReportForecastCDDVDBox.html

Track Listing (CDs):

In a Silent Way / Super Nova / Experience In E / Milky Way / Tears / Eurydice / Orange Lady / Unknown Soldier / Directions / Surucucu / Second Day in August / 125th Street Congress / Nubian Sundance / Blackthorn Rose / Badia / Cannon Ball / Black Market / Three Clowns / Havona / Birdland / Palladium / The Pursuit of the Woman With the Feathered Hat / The Orphan / Sightseeing / Dream Clock / Three Views of a Secret / Point of Entry / Dara Factor Two / Procession / Plaza Real / The Well / D-Flat Waltz / Domino Theory / Predator / Face on the Barroom Floor / Indiscretions / 125th Street Congress.

Chapter Listing (DVD):

Black Market / Scarlet Woman / Young and Fine / The Pursuit of the Woman With the Feathered Hat / A Remark You Made / River People / Thanks For The Memories ~ Delores / Portrait of Tracy ~ Third Stone From the Sun / Mr Gone / In a Silent Way / Waterfall / Teen Town / I Got It Bad and That Ain't Good ~ The Midnight Sun Will Never Set On You / Birdland / Introductions / Fred & Jack / Elegant People / Badia.

Re: "Forecast: Tomorrow"

Ingrid: The review states that the package includes "... a never-seen-before DVD ...". I'm assuming that this is actually the 1978 Rockplast concert that has been available (albeit in less than perfect shape) for many years. I hope I'm wrong. Do you know?

All the best.

Re: "Forecast: Tomorrow"

You're not asking me but: yes, it is the Rockpalast gig. They dated it wrong though, should read sep. 29th in stead of sep. 28th 1978.... From what I hear both sound and picture are excellent.

Either way, it's great to have this DVD 'out there'....legitimately this time..

JJ