Return to Website

Jaco's Fret-Less Hang!

....where hearts, minds, souls meet and wonder...

Jaco's Fret-Less Hang!

Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Nice article

Hello, Ingrid,

Just read a nice article about your beautiful family!

Check it out:
http://news.browardpalmbeach.com/Issues/2006-11-30/news/feature_full.html

GBJ

Atila

Listening To: Live in NYC #4, Track 6, Jaco's solo

Re: Nice article

I'm not sure how nice the article is. One would have to be foolish to believe everything one reads.

On a side note, I think WOTG should do an offshoot project called "knucklehead"

"Nice article"? Hmmm. Just read it after hearing about it from 2 different sources. The LAST thing Jaco's legacy is more negative, questionable press. I normally like keeping things positive in this forum,but I was struck once I read the thing.

Andy Aeros

I'd like to formally retract my statement above whereby I suggested a side project called knucklehead. While meant in jest, it occured to me that it much too closely borders delicate family matters and for that, I apologize. All too often I joke about things that others may take seriously. Happens a lot between me and my wife. I'm working on it. It's like a double curse....some people applaude me for "telling it like it" is or "wearing my heart on my sleeve" but sometimes I regret opening my mouth in the first place. If anyone is offended by my comment I did not mean it in a derogatory way and am sorry.

well folks..maybe im just ignorant...but something is not adding up here...Personally, if I felt that someone was trying to use my father's name for personal gain, well then of course I'd be infuriated and would do everything in my power to stop it. But, to me...as a die-hard and sincere fan of Jaco..i really don't see the gain one person could get just by getting the Department of City Planning to build a park after anyone...Jaco Pastorius or not. Granted, they'll probably get a photo in the paper or something, but whatever notoriety that they do receive, it will be short lived.
Im not taking sides...personally, I'm actually kind of scared to believe anything that the article said...
However, all of this alleged hostility...(which as the articles states) seems to be only coming from one side. And you're only hearing from 2 parties...anyhow...all I know is that i seriously don't see a problem with dedicating a park to Jaco... think about it...if you ask someone on the street who he was...i bet all the money in my savings that they won't know him. A park won't completely resurrect his being..but it will be a public announcement of who he was...people will have to walk past it and see it...and ask questions about it...
Whoever has negative feelings at all about this project (hostility, anger, ulterior motives) just think about it...the fact of the matter is that you're taking care of the legacy of your father or husband or brother or friend..whatever relation he was to you...maybe i'm completely wrong about this situation and have absolutely no right to voice my opinion..but the fact of the matter is...if this article is not libel...it if is true.....then that is extremely sad...because then somehow we are forgetting the main idea here....to remember and cherish Jaco!
My love to the family...everyone included....

Listening To: jaco...joni...

http://www.browardpalmbeach.com/Issues/2006-12-07/news/eljefe.html

The latest.