Return to Website

Jaco's Fret-Less Hang!

....where hearts, minds, souls meet and wonder...

Jaco's Fret-Less Hang!

Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
did they givem his cred? chingy chingy

isnt it gross that a male model who goes on oprah a lot was singing over one of jacos melodic statements.

the song sounds radical but yah i mean you cant go wrong with that song, did they at least give him credit?

Re: did they givem his cred? chingy chingy

Hi Chris,

I fail to see what's so 'gross' about this: this guy took a sample of of SWV's 'Rain', and probably never ever knew SWV had taken it from Jaco. Apart from that I think it's really great that Jaco is entering the realm of 21st century popular music this way.

JJ

we disagree then.
i guess he is kinda a heart throb.
plus the lyrical content in the song is pretty amazing.
crackin bottles all night.
thanks for the input, you always see things the positive way.
nice start to my morning.

one more thing, tyrese is featured in both of those music videos and was involved in both songs. so he should at least know something.
and really, if you're not ******* smart enough to know whats in your own songs and where it came from...you probably should just stop making music.

Chris,

Line 2, 3, and 4 of your first posting I didn't get due to the slang but I agree to disagree. I think I read somewehere that royalties are being paid to the family and if that's the case I don't see any harm in these guys using a (very short) part of Jaco's melody.

JJ

yah, thats all i wanted to know.
I just personally find it sad that a million young people are going to listen to that song but never listen to Jaco and never really better themselves, but still just be obsessed with money and fashion and whatever the radio pushes up their asses.
dont get me wrong i like fashion and money too but i just think its a little depressing...thats all. a song that i had so much romance wrapped around, something i had to seek out for myself. it just seems a little trivialized. oh well, i dont really post on here anymore or listen to jaco. just hearing that song brought back some old fire. have a good one everybody. and for your own well being stay off that other message board. i went over there...and wow. people are all ******* crazy. jaco died along time ago and didnt know any of these fools. why cant people just try getting good at what they do or listen to records instead of acting like theyre involed in some online world where theyre one of jacos buddys.
long live jaco and long live oprah.

xo-chris

Just curious: or you the Christopher that dropped by here on a regular basis some years ago?

Yeah that other board, looking at the number of views on this one apparently most of the regulars stopped visiting this board which is sad if you ask me. Now Jaco fans are in line on jp.com to give their well thought, impartial view on just about everything that concerns the family. Sometimes I get the impression that a couple of them think they get bonus miles with every extra intelligent posting they do on 'the feud'. It's sad, it's not about music, it's not about Jaco, and it sure isn't about dignity or civilization anymore.

Well, all we can do is wait, ignore the stupidity and get back to music.

JJ

yah, thats me...
when i was like 19 i went to florida and was on the board and all that. good times, passionate times, but confusing at the same time. to be so emotionally involved with something. having phone calls from people involved with that portrait of jaco release yelling at me for posting negative on the boards..and like actually feeling SAD that jaco was dead and almost missing him..when i never even met him!

yeah, i dont even play bass anymore. i just listen to country music and smoke a lot of cigarettes and try and write folk songs.
but something stirred up in me when i heard that song.

Chris, it's good to have you back here, I remember those times very well, seems like ages ago....

JJ