Return to Website

Jaco's Fret-Less Hang!

....where hearts, minds, souls meet and wonder...

Jaco's Fret-Less Hang!

Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New Years Chat Session?

Hi friends,

So how about a new try in setting up a chat session? If Ingrids chat room is still not working properly: does anyone have a suggestion regarding a public chat room we could hijack for a couple of hours? Marco Piretti's perhaps?

Let us know, reply!

JJ

Re: New Years Chat Session?

boy Jeroen, I wish I had time for some chat. Thing is, I haven't even been able to get 15 minutes on my new 5 string that Santa brought. Isabel has me too busy helping her on the new art table or playing house with the new kitchen set. But I wouldn't change a thing.

hehe, yeah I know what you mean, we have a 1 1/2 year old boy! But still...if you find some time to join us please do. Untill now the reactions are minimal so maybe this won't even happen and you can spend all your time on Isabel anyway..

JJ

I would if I could JJ. Don't have that baby thing - I've passed that on to my daughter ;-)- but I won't be near my computer on new year.
Some other time though!

Peace, and live well everyone!
Örjan

Orjan, maybe I didn't make myself clear. I didn't suggest setting up a chat on new years eve, just to organize something in the new year, 2007 that is

JJ

JJ let me know when its going to happen and I will be there.

Happy New Year to all in Jacotopia!

Hello,

I'd suggest IRC. Plenty of IRC Clients for any Operating System out there (see links on bottom).
Everyone connects to a network and a channel we agree upon.

Example: after connecting to network dalnet type /join ChannelName

Windows: mIRC
Linux/Windows: XChat

IRC Client for the Firefox, Mozilla or SeaMonkey browsers: ChatZilla

Wow, and there's T! You're still alive!

JJ

Ok, all the kidding aside, who's up for a chat on January 8th, 6PM my time (GMT-4)? Maybe T can help me with creating a chat space?

JJ

Hello JJ,

There's not much to set up. Get an IRC client, connect to a network and type /join #[YourChannelName] to create your own temporary channel. [YourChannelName] is an arbitrary name - if the channel doesn't exist the IRC server creates it and takes you there. If a channel with that name exists you'll be taken there.

>Orjan, maybe I didn't make myself clear. I didn't suggest setting up a chat on new years eve, just to organize something in the new year, 2007 that is.<

Ok, I guess I'll be around the computer some time in 2007, lolll! Of course! (or I guess I was off course)

I'll do my best to connect to the cyberworld this time.
See ya all.

Hi T, did you get my mail some time ago?

Örjan

Listening To: at the moment:Mulato Astatke

Ok I Will let everybody know where the chat will be next week.

Thanks for the help,

JJ

Guys, I'm calling the chat off. Under the given circumstances, where the flaming is getting worse by the hour I don't feel like having a chat. If you still want to go ahead be my guest, but I will not take the intiative at this time.

JJ

How about thursday, Jan-04?