Return to Website

Jaco's Fret-Less Hang!

....where hearts, minds, souls meet and wonder...

Jaco's Fret-Less Hang!

Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
bullock live/new york is now

hello ingrid and everyone , i havent posted for ages but since its new year and have something great to tell i thought WHY NOT ? hiram bullock was playing in london last week and i saw him on the 29th and 30th of dec at THE PIZZA ON THE PARK , a great venue in london uk . on both nights i heard him telling jaco storie`s to his band after the gig , its obvious that jaco is constantly in his thoughts ........ the gig was awesome and i even liked the encore of MONEY FOR NOTHING by dier straights and JUMPING JACK FLASH ............. er i think thats what it was but i had drunk cocktails at the park lane hilton , jack daniels on the train and quite a few beers so ......... the second night was a highlite of 2006 for me . my pal laurie was ligging about after the show with some of my other pals [mainly drummers] trying to get tips on the crossover drum technique . finally jeremy the awesome drummer got on the kit and out came the mobile phones then i got laurie to show jez what he could do ... laurie is gonna be a legend so everyone including hiriam was impressed . then hiriam got on piano and gave us a richard t imprersonation, some latin grooves[with jez on drums] and for a grand final DOLPHIN DANCE ! WHAT HE LACKED IN PIANISTIC TECHNIQUE HE MORE THAN MADE UP FO WITH PERSONALITY ! oh yes , mr frank gravis was on bass and played tap chords on dolphin !!!!!!!! a great gig after the gig . god bless them . yesterday i was out shopping with my daughter and picked up a copy of NEW YORK IS NOW by ornette coleman , it features BROADWAY BLUES as played by jaco with pat on bright size ! go out and get it , its a great record on blue note . jimmy garrison on bass ! fantastic intonation and ornette blows some of his finest one of a kind alto . oh yeah , im recording an album next week , i hope to get some copys to some of you by march . ok , laters . mike .

Listening To: new york is now /ornette

Re: bullock live/new york is now

Hi Michael, thanks for the account, and the heads-up about the Coleman release. Good to hear Hiram is remembering Jaco, they cared for one another. I know what you mean, last time I heard him play piano in a room by himself, after a mutual friend passed away, he sang along as well, I had tears, an example that it isn't always about technique but about feel.

Speaking of releases, I just found out, and am excited about a Jimi Hendrix CD released this past November, "an authorized 'bootleg' recording":

http://www.daggerrecords.com/disc9.html