Return to Website

Jaco's Fret-Less Hang!

....where hearts, minds, souls meet and wonder...

Jaco's Fret-Less Hang!

Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
So which is the official Jaco website?

I posted on a couple messages on the www.jacopastorius.com website and now I found this website. Which one is the official site? Can I also post here? Are there other Jaco sites besides these two? Does chazuke post here?

Re: So which is the official Jaco website?

From http://www.jacop.net/

DISCLAIMER:
This site is not endorsed by the official site @ www.jacopastorius.com
I, Ingrid Pastorius, have no affiliation with Jaco Pastorius Incorporated.

Thank you T, those are the facts!

I read all the posts on the one and only OFFICIAL site and message forum at jacopastorius.com, and so....am I now responding to myself, LG? :o)

The web is loaded with pages and sites that honor Jaco, displaying photos, stories, his music in audio and video form, with many more forums, journals, blogs, and discussion groups. I don't know who Chazuke is, and thanks for posting!

I wanted to post my opinion concerning this thread.

I was very excited years ago to find information on Jaco on the internet and to find website(s) that honor the man. Over the years I believe, through the magic of Google, I have been to most of the websites set up to honor Jaco. I was happy that there was "an official website" and at first it seemed to have great promise. I even purchased the beautiful lithograph that the "official Jaco store" had to offer. But it appears that the people that operate the "official" website have dropped the ball, so to speak. It further appears that the "coming soon" in relationship to the "official" store has given new meaning to the definition soon.

Bottom line is that I appreciate quality. Quality basses, bass strings, amplifiers and most importantly I appreciate quality people.

It is quality and vision that has brought me back to this "unofficial" website again and again. It is my opinion that this website is far superior to all the rest. This website is the best and so is the beautiful woman that run it!!

My humble opinion for your consideration.

Listening To: Jaco and Ornette Coleman

Well, even if it's not the official site, it's at least just another Jaco site, which is OK by me. The official site is good too. After reading more of the posts over there, I kind of understand more of what was going on. I guess I did come off as a little ****** and half baked at first, but who's perfect, right?

Right! Have fun treading the threads, LG!

Thanks for expressing your views, Ed, very much appreciate the kind, complementary, and encouraging words.

This site, the Cybernest, is not in competition, just a sharing addition. I believe in the official potential, it's a matter of having confidence in the vision (not di-vision).

This site is dead. What happened?

That is a strong statement from a new comer Mr Gnome. I guess it all comes down to the level of activity that you are serching for on websites and discussion boards. There is quite a bit of activity on the discussion boards at the official website. I visit those occationally hoping to find creative and interesting discussions by professional musicians and listeners and fans. But mostly, in my experience, the discussions that are active are from kids that talk about leaving bass strings on their bass for 7 years to get a "great sound".

On this site you come across real musicians that perform and make music. Musicians that have actually seen the inside of a recording studio and speak from experience about music and musicians.

It's a different site and as a working musician I preferr most of the posts from the people that post because of their experience and wisdom.

I post when appropriate because I feel part of this community because I always love interacting with real mucians and real music lovers.

But to call it dead? Hmmm.....I don't agree.

Listening To: Jaco and Ornette Coleman

This site is definitely not dead. People post here if something interesting pops up, if they have something to say or to comment on something going on at the time. It runs in spurts. You will find that most things discussed here are far from trivial. It's more about quality than quantity.

I believe that those who decide to attend Jaco's forums have the best intentions, simply because it is sparked by the interest in Jaco, and music. It is difficult to stay objective, nonjudgmental, and not take things personal, I am learning.

The intend of this forum is as an addition to the Cybernest in case someone would like to be in a place "....where hearts, minds, souls meet and wonder...", or ponder, or share. If not, that is perfect as well, silence can be yummy, like those silent notes.

Yet there is still so much more to be explored on so many different levels, I do enjoy evolut-ing..lol. For me it is about the process.....and we are in it! :o) Gnome's view did remind me I could do some site updating...

Thanks Ed, and Jay, nice to hear your thoughts, please drop them by anytime!