Return to Website

Jaco's Fret-Less Hang!

....where hearts, minds, souls meet and wonder...

Jaco's Fret-Less Hang!

Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Jaco tune resemblance on tv commercial

Has anyone seen those "truth" commercials that show the negative effects of smoking cigarettes? The latest one depicts a bunch of chalk line bodies scattered around on the ground representing people killed by tobacco, or something like that.

The background music sounds awfuly familiar.

Re: Jaco tune resemblance on tv commercial

I'd like to hear it. Any chance you can record it and put it online?

http://www.thetruth.com/

check out "chalk lines" on the upper left.
After hearing it again, I think it borderlines copyright infringement.

I agree.. call the lawyers. Ugh!

Listening To: Heater blowing

So there's some POT in it. No big deal in my opinion.

Ok...so this is definitely the break in POT and granted there should be some recognition, but its for a good cause. It's not like some mainstream artist is sampling more of his music. Still, on the flip side, I don't think that people should be so nonchalant about it. There's probably not much we can do except talk about it on these forums...but it is good to know that there are people out there with open ears...when i first heard the commercial i knew there was something familiar about the commercial but i wasn't sure...
Anyhow...we know its POT...

What an effective commercial, I hope people take the meaning to heart.

Definitely the familiarity of the harmonics, there is strong similarity in the structure of the melody, guess the person who got credit for writing that jingle is a Jaco fan! I think it is great someone is paying homage to Jaco in this (kinda sneaky)way.

T, a photo of the "god father"? pfffftttt

Thank you for writing to truth.

The songs are original music tracks produced by Beacon Street Music specifically for these truth spots. Currently they aren’t available to the public.

truth

--Original Message--

Subject: About Truth

Comment:
Who composed the background music for 'Chalk Lines'? It has samples from a composition by Jaco Pastorius.

Listening To: knott