Return to Website

Jaco's Fret-Less Hang!

....where hearts, minds, souls meet and wonder...

Jaco's Fret-Less Hang!

Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
CHUCK & JACO MET IN 1969

INGRID,

I WANTED TO FOLLOW-UP WITH YOU. CHUCK SAID THE OWNER/MANAGER OF "MODERN MUSIC" IN FT. LAUDERDALE OWED HIM A FAVOR. SO, CHUCK ASKED IF HE COULD ARRANGE A MEETING WITH JACO. JACO GRACIOUSLY AGREED AND THEY HAD THEIR ONE TIME MEETING.

CHUCK SAYS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING JACO TOLD HIM ABOUT THE BASS WAS TO ALLOW YOUR RIGHT HAND TO MOVE UP THE NECK FOR DIFFERENT TONES. HE ALSO SAYS JACO HELPED TO SOLIDIFY CHUCK'S PASSION FOR BASS.

CHUCK IS AN INCREDIBLE BASS PLAYER. I HOPE TO SEND IN A RECORDING OF HIM. HE DESERVES RECOGNITION AND I THINK JACO WOULD HAVE BEEN PROUD! TO BE CONTINUED. . .

TAKE CARE,
TOM

Re: CHUCK & JACO MET IN 1969

Chuck Israels?

Actually, Chuck Stevenson. He's played with Eddie Money, Andy Parker (UFO drummer), Bobby Barth of Axe and sang background vocals on Motley Crue's Shout at the Devil album (on Shout, Too Young to Fall in Love and Looks that Kill songs) as well gave Tommy Lee and Nicki Sixx ideas on droppin' it down during certain breaks.

Anyway, he's my bro-in-law and I am hoping to get him videotaped cause I think people should see what he's doing on bass-it's incredible! If you know anyone in production, please let me know. Take it easy,

Tom

Hi Tom,

Thank you, and Chuck for sharing about his time with Jaco. If I may, I would like to add him quoting Jaco to the list of quotes on the site:

"ALLOW YOUR RIGHT HAND TO MOVE UP THE NECK FOR DIFFERENT TONES."

That is such great insight about Jaco and his technique!

Looking forward to seeing/hearing footage on Chuck, wish him well with his endeavor, and may he find the right situation and people to work with.

Listening To: way of the groove