Return to Website

Jaco's Fret-Less Hang!

....where hearts, minds, souls meet and wonder...

Jaco's Fret-Less Hang!

Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Julius and Felix

Their tour had started, here are the remaining dates for this month, in case:

6/23 Chris' Jazz Cafe, Philly
chrisjazzcafe.com

6/24 Bossa, Washington DC
http://bossaproject.com/

6/25 49 West Coffee House, Annapolis, Md 49westcoffehouse.com

6/29 Big Easy, Portland, ME
bigeasyportland.com

Re: Julius and Felix

Just got back from seeing Julius, Felix, and Colin James in Philly at Chris' Jazz Cafe, what a very cool place, elegant, yet hip, and reminiscent of the ole jazz ambiance with beautiful black and white large and unique photographs of the greats in Jazz on the walls. And the food, wow!

Legend Pat Martino raced down to Chris' from his appearance at the West Oak Lane Jazz and Arts Festival, Northwest Philadelphia, PA to try to catch part of a set. Chris' Cafe asked Way of the Groove to come back on Tuesday night for a jam with Pat.

What would we do without MUSIC....

Listening To: way of the groove at Tippecanoe Festival, courtesy of Scott Freeman

I'm so glad I was able to make the first gig but unfortunately, there's no way I can get back out tonight. Maybe if they turn it way up, and everybody orients their gear Northeast, I can hear it from across the river :)

Saturday's gig was exceptional. Everybody was "hittin". I had quite a pleasant evening. Got into town in just over an hour, zero traffic, beautiful weather, windows and sunroof open the whole way.....caught a parking spot on the street one block away so I didn't have to pay for the garage. Grabbed some really good Korean food. Then to top it off, two amazing sets of music.

lol, Jay, I wish they could turn their gear South at the same time, it will be rockin' tonight!

Truly was good seeing you there, thanks again for the support, glad it all went smooth for you. :o)

Listening To: whatch what happens

Would it be too much to ask for the "Philly Tuesday Report"?

No, not too much to ask, Jay, heard from their manager today.

It was a laid back night, Pat decided he wanted to listen to the guys instead, so they played alternately with different musicians there. Apparently Pat enjoyed speaking with them, and spending quality one on one time. Surely the guys received some unique interaction, and input, the best kind when on a path of learning, and having the opportunity to be with a legendary musician and teacher.

Two more gigs left in Portland, Maine, then they are off to an island for a month to write, and record, as they get ready to line up the east coast back south, as well as The Stephen Talkhouse in August.

Thanks for asking, and caring, Jay!