Return to Website

Jaco's Fret-Less Hang!

....where hearts, minds, souls meet and wonder...

Jaco's Fret-Less Hang!

Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
photos, tribute, Havona

Several photos I hadn't seen yet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vRoozvaIeU

And Havona....wow

Listening To: Havona

Re: photos, tribute, Havona

Hiya: I was lookin and listening to this the other day,,,,,,,,,,,well put together i thought,great pictures lots i had'nt seen.Havona to me is Jaco at his best compositionally,,,,I truelly love it!! Mr Haslip had trouble playin it for the WOM Big Band.Now thats a funny video somewhere on youtube ,you need to check that out!!

Listening To: Wiggle Waggle

Do you think it's the Jaco fretless bass on the clip ??

Franck

Hi Franky< yeah i think it is.. whos the guy with face blacked out tho? Did'nt some guy called Kaufman re build it ? could him as well

Dave

I agree with you Dave, this version of Havona is very special.

If I may, I would like to mention and not to make you feel uncomfortable, that though I understand the confusion, or mistake, out of respect for Jaco I need to make clear that the big band playing Jaco's charts nowadays is not named the Word of Mouth Band, there was only one of those, when Jaco led the band. :o)

Franck, to me that could very well be the bass, without seeing it in person, I believe that is the fretless. Perhaps, (guessing), these are the photos that were taken by Kevin Kaufman, when he received it in a box Jaco sent from NY, and before he put it back together.

Sorry. I do that alot...I should have also said 'revisited'...Hope no offense was taken

Hi.
I found these pictures of the broken bass on a webside.
They where claimed to be taken by a journalist in New York.
There were many pictures of the bass and on one picture Jaco are holding the bass.
One of the pictures showes the neckplate and the production number.
The production number is the number to Jacos fretted 1960 bass so I guess he must have changed the neckplates at one point.
Sorry to say but this must be the "bass of doom".

Listening To: good music

Thanks for that info Arne, didn't know about the plate, but do remember hearing about the journalist taking photos of it before.

On a slight side note, this youtube video depicting a compilation of solos is sweet too:

http://www.youtube.com/v/G86yHXXhfSM

The videos at the bottom menu of the last link posted above has a video with Jaco at a club I hadn't seen/heard before.

Also, the clip with Toots had many sweet moments between them, Jaco appears to feel so good being in that moment. He truly adored Toots.

And Dave, no worries, I understood the first time, just wanted to make sure, it's my baggage. :o)