Return to Website

Jaco's Fret-Less Hang!

....where hearts, minds, souls meet and wonder...

Jaco's Fret-Less Hang!

Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Jaco in Aruba...

Dearest Inge,

Just thought I'd let you know: There's a new intl. jazz festival on Aruba this weekend (Aug 18/19), including an exibition of visual art related to jazz. I'll be showing a blow-up of a B&W photograph I took of Jaco performing live in Amsterdam in 1980.

This, as far as I know, will be the first time Jaco will be introduced publicly to the general audience here.
Such a pleasure and an honor to be able to do so!

It's been a long time!
We think of you often and miss you all.
Let's keep in touch and hope to meet soon!

Lots of love from the whole family..

Stan.

(Jeroen, if you're still in Curacao..you should drop in. Greetings!)

Re: Jaco in Aruba...

Hello dearest friend (app. 40 years?), how I wish I was there, my teenage stomping grounds, yes, a long time. You know how much Peter and I miss you and yours. I must try to be there next year.

Thank you so much for bringing Jaco and his image to the awareness of the Netherlands Antilles, and its visitors, please send me a photo of the event, specifically your art, and Jaco's photo, if possible.

I hope you don't mind I share your bio with the forum visitors: http://stankuiperi.extocuracao.com/

Love to you, Wilma, Astor, and Lara, breaking fast in Miami last year is still fresh in the memory!

Inge,

"Jaco" -the title of the photograph exhibited in the 1st Caribbean Sea (as opposed to the North Sea) Jazz Festival in Aruba- was a great succes!
Not only did it look great (towering above all other works with Jaco floating in an endless universe in communion with his instrument), it was also an impressive introduction to Jaco Pastorius for many festival visitors here.

And then there were the musicians, students and pro's from all over the globe, all fans of Jaco, in spontaneous adoration.

The pictures are on their way!

Stan.

Thank you very much, Stan!

Found site:

http://www.caribbeanseajazz.com/home.html