Return to Website

Jaco's Fret-Less Hang!

....where hearts, minds, souls meet and wonder...

Jaco's Fret-Less Hang!

Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Zawinul is dead

Joe Zawinul is dead tonight.

http://www.zawinulfans.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=25

Many condolences to all his family. We continue praying for him.

All the best,
Marco.

Re: Zawinul is dead

huge huge loss :(
i'm listening now to "a remark you made" -for me, his life masterpiece.

Sad news. I pray for you. Your music lives on.

Oh no, this is a day of sorrow!

My condolences to his family!

very sad to see and read this, this morning. My condolences to all.

Gone up to join the band everlasting.

Listening To: Jaco

RIP Joe. The dutch news honored him with a nice section showing him with Jaco in Montreux, at North Sea etc Michiel Borstlap was interviewed, called him the best jazz composer together with Duke and Shorter.

How was the news of Joe's passing received in your country?

JJ

from Herbie's website, if I may repost......

“Joe Zawinul is one of my oldest friends in the music business. He was a force as a composer and an amazing conceptualizer. He opened up a doorway between jazz and rock n’ roll and was a major influence on Miles Davis, Wayne Shorter and me. The world has never been the same since he made his contribution to our society.”

Herbie Hancock

One of the greatest and most important musicians in the history of music has left us.
What a loss.
What we still have is his music and that will never die.

Now he is up there jamming with Jaco, Miles, Louis, Duke, Bird, Trane and all the other great ones.

Thank you for everything.
You will never be forgotten

Arne Petter Ugelvik

Listening To: good music

I'm 44, played drums since I was 3, but I'll never have as much rhythm running thro' me as Joe Zawinul had in his body. Even at 75 he showed the World how music could move the soul. I was fortunate enough to see Weather Report in '83, and the Zawinul Syndicate in 2002 and 2004. Genius is an understated word for this man, he should be held on a par with Mozart and the like, and I shall be visiting Vienna shortly to pay tribute. This is such a very, very sad day, and the thought of not being able to see Joe compose, conduct, arrange and orchestrate from behind his keyboards is hard to come to terms with.

They said Elvis was the King, and he only ever sang other people's songs......in that case, would word would you use for Joe Zawinul?

Thanks for the memories, Joe!

Aw