Return to Website

Jaco's Fret-Less Hang!

....where hearts, minds, souls meet and wonder...

Jaco's Fret-Less Hang!

Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Jaco Doll

It appears that the Japanese have made a Jaco Doll. Cool. http://www10.ocn.ne.jp/~jaco/topics/jaco_doll/index.htm

Listening To: Jaco

Re: Jaco Doll

Interesting. And a bit strange, at least at first look. I admit, I probably might want to buy one, just because, and I do applaud Japan's continued love for Jaco.

Wonder if it starts moving when you play one of his tunes. :o)

BTW Jaco's eyes weren't blue, they were beautiful green-ish.

Hahaaaaa wat a cool doll! Now the question is: is it a bootleg doll or a legitimate doll?

JJ

Wow, well I have to admit too that the thought have crossed my mind..having Lucy, James Dean and even Indiana Jones in the house.
I want a doll too, and I want Jaco!

But as JJ says, is this a legimate one?

Listening To: The Coltranes..

..legitimate.. (I'm learning english from a book)

I wonder if you can bend the thumbs...

JJ

Here is the babble fish translation. I'm not sure I know any more than I did than reading it in Japaneese.

After the death 20th anniversary commemoration
of was made.
2007 December day sale schedule

- Specification
Doll H26.3×W19.8 (cm)
Pedestal H4×W11×D11 (cm)

Being quick ones, after taking 2007, it is 20 years, but commemorating as many as 20th anniversaries, of was made.

'Early ' with CD attachment 2007 December sale schedule. In "official edition" of bereaved family official recognition the CD shop of entire country, it is sold even with , so is.

Because you sell even with Amazon it seems, as soon as information to enter, it makes link. As soon as to understand, we inform sale day in this page.

When cursor is made on the small photograph under, the enlargement photograph is indicated.

maybe it should be read from right to left... ..

I'm gonna print the page and ask my japanese friend at my job. I enjoyed reading the babble fish translation though it was fun!

Well, this is what my friend could "give" me.

It's a " After the death 20th anniversary commemoration" as John already wrote. It will be released during dec 2007 together with an "Early Years Recordings" cd. It says it has been OK by "the family" and will be sold in all the toy- and cdstores in Japan.
It will also be sold through Amazon according to the text but it doesn't say if it'r worldwide or only in Japan
More information about this will be shown at the same page.

Not so much more info than in Johns post, but at least some info about more info to come lol.
And it seems it is an legitimate doll after all.

Sayonara,
Örjan

You guys are too funny, thanks for the chuckles.

Maybe the new CD release referred to with this blue-eyed "official" doll, is the 1978 live performance at the Players Club, then a racquetball court club in Oakland Park (as in Jaco Park), which Pete Trias (friend, guitarist, teacher) recorded, and had given to Rich Franks, Jaco's childhood friend, drummer who played an important part in Jaco's bass direction. {phew}

In that case, this awesome recording of Jaco, Alex Darqui, and Rich should be a legal product by JPI, where the 4 kids, the corp, and above mentioned friends of Jaco's are being honored and rewarded.

We are in for a treat!

the cd is available and the doll can be pre-ordered:
http://www.towerrecords.co.jp/sitemap/CSfCardMain.jsp?GOODS_NO=1714634&GOODS_SORT_CD=101
Doll costs:
27,930.00 JPY = 243.605 USD
Says:
Of course, JPI (the management company of ジャコ) the official recognition work. As for children John and Mary of ジャコ, the episode that the ・ ・ large you were deeply impressed by this statue like the living copy of the father. Actually, the standing form, the form and the shoulder and the foot etc. which of the especially rear play the base, it is extent ジャコ which is made the ゾク っ, until the detail of detail such as gaze and the finger which holds down the cord/code it is to be real and it does! Large hit work ' Early Years Recordings ' and the coupling which store the numerous unpublished rare sound source before the debutting to this figure, doing, it is sale. Because mass production is impossible, complete limitation production! We request early order!