Return to Website

Jaco's Fret-Less Hang!

....where hearts, minds, souls meet and wonder...

Jaco's Fret-Less Hang!

Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
20th Anniversary Weekend

Ingrid - So nice to have a chance to say hello to you at Alligator Alley on Saturday night. (I was the guy who came down from DC.) I enjoyed Bendy Pastorius, although I didn't have much of a view! I was disappointed not to see Felix, either Saturday or Sunday. His absence on Sunday was particularly disappointing to many of us, and barely a mention of his absence. Please tell me it was neither due to illness or to the awful family "feud", which I thought was a thing of the past.

Re: 20th Anniversary Weekend

Likewise, Dave, glad you were also able to make it to the BDay Party. Sorry about the view, hope you enjoyed the abundance of Jaco-love, music and energy.

Felix is doing well, thanks much for your concern, he was missed by us all.

No feud exists between the four children and their families, never did, Dave, and that is the honest truth. John(34), Mary(almost 37), Julius(25), and Felix(25) love one another without any doubt nor question, they always have. There is a continued reference (not by Jaco's family) made about a feud as if there is one, which there isn't.

The "feud" is (apparently) between myself and a person who isn't family, and since I am not clear on what I need to do differently, except for to perhaps disappear from the face of the earth, we can only wait for the "divide and conquer/rule" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Divide_and_rule) to stop, which could happen when the insistence of there being a "feud" ceases. It was unnecessarily brought up at the VIP pre-concert party that night.

Speaking of...both nights were tremendous, the Birth Party rocked (see Kenwood and Julius above) with Love and Honor for Jaco, the Anniversary Event had a sold out room filled with warm, sweet feelings between friends, family, and fans.

Some of Sunday night's highlights for me were:

seeing and hugging old friends and family, one being Jaco's aunt Roseanne from Philly
Dave Bargeron on tuba with his daughter Gussie on flute doing a composition filled with Jaco licks
Bobby Thomas playing his respectful tribute to Jaco on a most unusual instrument that sounded like a steel drum, called a Pan Art
video footage of Jaco as a kid, goofing around, playing ball, doing cartwheels with Tracy, John, and Mary on the beach
last but not least, Jaco's 3 beautiful grandchildren (Sophia, Francis, and Johnny) finishing up the evening dancing on stage to Fannie Mae

And then....the after-party down the street with the Bendy Pastorius Group smoked, Kenwood is simply amazing.....even aunt Roseanne ventured out for a brief moment for that one..so, so cute!

BTW Dave, forgive me for the correction, it most definitely wasn't a 20th Anniversary Weekend, we celebrated what would have been Jaco's 56th Birthday on December 1, on December 2 was the Anniversary "celebration" of his passing 20 years ago.

Thanks for that information, Ingrid. I guess the reason for Felix's absence is to remain a mystery. Best wishes to you and the family for the holidays and the new year.

here's a little video of Jaco's grandkids dancing at the concert..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wEIuNuaYJ9M