Return to Website

Jaco's Fret-Less Hang!

....where hearts, minds, souls meet and wonder...

Jaco's Fret-Less Hang!

Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tributo

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpdWIfTcDJ4&NR=1

Don't know who these guys are?..haven't seen it before. Anyone knows?

Real nice to watch and hear though, great music and chops!

Listening To: Donna Lee

Re: Tributo

NICE! And so are the other tunes they do; Liberty City, Teentown...very cool, thanks Ö!

http://fr.youtube.com/user/jprbass

Well thankYOU, didn't know about the others! And there was my favorite too, Las Olas! A wonderful song, and I Love the version where Jaco sings the melody!
That song is for me the sound of hope,comfort and freedom! It's like cruising a Cadillac on the highway....like a blue one with a white top, and some nag champa burning. )

Beautiful, even if he sang through his bass I wish he'd used his voice more.

Just curious Orjan: is that feeling you describe similar to the feeling you get driving a rental Chrysler along Dania Beach with two Dutchies in the back seat? :-)

JJ

JJ, that's more like having B-I's chicken pot with honey/lemon/sambal-oelek. Once you've tried it you want it again and again and again and...8-))

Örjan and everybody, I´ve got that video! Beautiful tribute with some good players from Argentine. Anybody interesting?! I could send a copy to who was interested... Make me know!

Always Jaco!

Only for lovers, thanks a lot! Personally I'm so pleased to just watch them on youtube, so you don't have to go through any troubble sending me copies. I realize that I'm saving things for saving purpose only and I'm trying to break that habit. (After all the years, is that hard or what! )

I do appreciate your friendly offer though!

All the best and Peace,
Örjan

That video includes:

1.- Three Views Of a Secret
2.- Las Olas
3.- Teen Town
4.- River People
5.- Cha-Cha
6.- Speechless
7.- Palladium
8.- The Orphan
9.- Continuum
10.- Blackbird
11.- Barbary coast
12.- Donna Lee
13.- Elegant People
14.- City of Angels
15.- Solo Bass
16.- Liberty City
17.- Havona

Bass: Pablo Rufino(1,2,3,17); Guillermo Vadala(4,5,6,7,12,17); Marcelo Torres(8,9,10,17); Gustavo Giles(11,17);Javier Malosseti(12); Juan Carlos Fontana, Alvaro Torres, Pablo De La Loza - Synth; Fernando Martines - Drums; Percussion: Nico COta.

"Jazz Club" Paseo La Plaza Buenos Aires Argentine

07.03.1998 132 min.

Only for lovers...
I do want a copy, I'm a jazz researcher in Argentina. Could you contact me? www.jazzclub.wordpress.com
Thanks