Return to Website

Jaco's Fret-Less Hang!

....where hearts, minds, souls meet and wonder...

Jaco's Fret-Less Hang!

Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Liberty City (haha)

http://www.youtube.com/efx343

...and so the world continues to honor Jaco... nothing and no one can stop it now... )

Re: Liberty City (haha)

Michael Jackson is honored, too.

Shamone.

Jacko and Jocko, honored together in one tune!

When we first presented the Park naming to the City of Oakland Park's commissioners they were unfamiliar with Jaco, and one of the commissioners didn't like the fact that the name might be associated with Jacko, lol.

Listening To: birdies

Haha! This is weirdly wonderful! The main thing here is how this illustrates the huge amount of people Jaco influences, which can only be a good thing.

Remember 'Pullin' me Back' which used 'Portrait of Tracy?' on Chingy's album?

Good work Jaco!

Absolutely delicious! An uncontrollable smile across my face every time I heard those horns. Played the video several times just for that. Once again affirming the universal beauty and irrepressible nature of Jaco's art. Thanks for letting us know about the video... love the website!!! -SW

Listening To: Vince Mendoza, Annie Lennox

Thanks Steve! Sweet!

I love it!!! simply amazing and funny too.

Listening To: Liberty City

I love to heard those girls singing...lalala-la-lala...

Jaco...eternity

Great!

Simply the best RAP I have ever heard... musically speaking.

Konnichiwa. Does anybody have an English translation?

Listening To: sweet bronco

Hello Massimo! Cool stuff, yes? And when are you coming back to Florida!? Julius might be going to Italy at some point this year, with his group, will keep you posted. Much love to you and the family!

Hi TomMcCooey, sorry I didn't acknowledge you sooner, how are you, your family, your art, and the band doing? Sure do remember Chingy's, the single made it to the top! And of course there was Rain by Sisters With Voices, which became a legal issue and was rectified.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsYYiE433FA

Will ask my friend Tom to translate what he can, R.

Another Liberty City tribute:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02b4u0Sg5KM

Still haven't heard the version by Norma Winstone. She must do a unique take on it...

Listening To: finch

Hey, that was cool!

Her version made me wanna hear a "stride version" of the song, I bet Oscar Peterson would have nailed it, may he rip!

Ö.

Listening To: Ravi Shankar

...Yoko's version that is, haven't heard Normas Winstones.

Listening To: Ravi Shankar

I'm new here and a little late for this thread but what the heck...There is no way one cannot smile and tap their foot when listening to this song regardless of the version..This is darling!!

Listening To: WORD OF MOUTH DUH!!!!!!!!